Kraton Differential issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot comment too much on the EXB diffs as I’m in the process of perfecting the RTR 6s V4 diffs. However, I know for a fact that the Mugen E2243 shims will work.

Perhaps veteran @bicketybam can weigh in here as he has a shtload of experience with the LSD units despite them released just a month ago ?

Maybe @jondilly1974 can give insight on this as well...?
To be clear I am talking about and dealing with the V4 RTR diff. mine has held up well. I broke the pins that hold the side gears to the out drives in the rear. I was doing some jumping that night and suspect I landed with the brakes on a couple time and that led to the failure.

I know that many here don’t enjoy working on diffs as it may seem tedious, messy and a real PITA, but I would highly suggest installing the large diameter shims underneath the output gears at the very least.

Plus, Arrma is known to skimp out on diff fluids so it would be wise to open up your diffs to verify your fluids before running your new rig(s).

View attachment 95134
BAH HUMBUG AND PFFTT! I gotta live on the razors edge of destruction through inaction and procrastination...how would I do this if I actually resolved an issue BEFORE it happens?!

I have a v4 so I'm not gonna rebuild lest I have to...

The biggest problem with wrenching when wrenching isn't required is the opportunity for me to screw something up by accident, forget a shim or accidentally use the wrong fluid or any number of stupid dumb things my brain could convince me are fine...just saying, sometimes it's best not to mess and claim warranty if it breaks ;)

Breakage=down time. Nuff said ?

Y’all wanna see differential issues here’s a differential issue I had a few weeks ago ?
4E63D194-26DD-4F12-B0D0-7D1C23B730E3.jpeg

Dumping the clutch at 7000rpm on warm slicks will do that yo ?
Actually that is reserved for my marauder which is somehow still on its original rear end. That photo is the pinion of my ‘10 Dodge Ram 1500. It’s an open rear and a hemi truck but I never tow with it and never really beat on it because I beat on the marauder. Snapped on me pulling out of a parking lot! Believe that. Both of my cars are just over 100k miles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back