Differential Kraton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Close Enough

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just opened up the center diff on my V3 Kraton for the first time. Old fluid was black. Cleaned everything up and put 200K fluid back in. Filled in about half way up the spider gears and closed it back up. Turns smoothly and it’s quiet but seems tight. How much tension should be there? I don’t think it is over filled

I just opened up the center diff on my V3 Kraton for the first time. Old fluid was black. Cleaned everything up and put 200K fluid back in. Filled in about half way up the spider gears and closed it back up. Turns smoothly and it’s quiet but seems tight. How much tension should be there? I don’t think it is over filled
The only overfilled is if it spills out when you close it up.

Thanks for the feedback. So with the 200k fluid you should feel considerable tension even though it turns smoothly? I guess I’ll take a test run and see. I still plan on shimming and stepping up fluid for the F/R diffs as well. 60 front 20 rear

300k in the center seems pretty good to me on my outcast when running 6S. When I ran 4S, I liked 500k, but on 6S, that was too much and I needed a bit more of the power to dump to the front tires when I accelerated hard or it just ended up on it's roof all the time. Probably a bit less fussy in a kraton since it's longer.

Thanks for the feedback. So with the 200k fluid you should feel considerable tension even though it turns smoothly? I guess I’ll take a test run and see. I still plan on shimming and stepping up fluid for the F/R diffs as well. 60 front 20 rear
Yes, the higher you go with the diff fluid the harder it is to turn the diff by hand.

I went 500k & 200k mix center. 60k front & 30k rear on my Notorious. Changed it big time. Much more predictable & more grip. Less front tire ballooning

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back