Differential lock question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really seems to be the consensus on the reviews a lot of hit and miss but I have a spare 60 a ESC so maybe I'll get it and if I have to I'll just replace the ESC with a better one

It was my understanding that goolsky made surpass hobby

All that crap is made by one company and rebranded. GoolRC doesn't make anything they sell they are just one of the many Chinese rebrand sellers. So OCDAY, GoolRC, Surpass Hobby ect all have the same OEM.

I just bought the goolrc 3650 3900kv and 60a esc

Y U NO buy this combo? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...rentrq:8f0d64081690aa14270fee74fffe950e|iid:1
It's $4.50 more than the combo you chose but it comes with an 80a esc instead of a 60a.

Are you running 2s or 3s? I suppose I should have asked that as well. Because that will make a difference as well.

this Is the stock setup.

I picked up one of these for my daughters car. I purchased from this seller. No issues. The add says 2s only but my ESC says 2-3s. YouTube has videos of it on 3s. No smoke, lol.View attachment 32954View attachment 32956

Looks like a Hobbywing WP10BL50 to me. I have one I run it in my mini lol.

Last edited:
All that crap is made by one company and rebranded. GoolRC doesn't make anything they sell they are just one of the many Chinese rebrand sellers. So OCDAY, GoolRC, Surpass Hobby ect all have the same OEM.

Y U NO buy this combo? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...rentrq:8f0d64081690aa14270fee74fffe950e|iid:1
It's $4.50 more than the combo you chose but it comes with an 80a esc instead of a 60a.

Are you running 2s or 3s? I suppose I should have asked that as well. Because that will make a difference as well.

Looks like a Hobbywing WP10BL50 to me. I have one I run it in my mini lol.
The motor shaft size isn't a true 3mm

To save us both a lot of headache and back and forth, sit down and do some research on the vehicles that you are running, read read and read until you cannot take it anymore.

But to answer your last 2 questions, 1 a 5mm motor shaft is going to be better than a 3mm motor shaft, 2 lower kv = more torque which is what you want for a 4wd 1/10th scale monster truck, you don't have a 2wd buggy that weights 2lbs. Remember earlier when you said that it doesn't move in the grass or when on rough terrain? It's because that motor does not have enough torque to move the truck. And the amount of torque also increases as you increase the size of the motor can for instance a 3300kv 3660 motor will have more torque than a 3300kv 3650 motor. And you can regear to achieve higher speeds. It is not like these things only run 1 size pinion on them.

To save us both a lot of headache and back and forth, sit down and do some research on the vehicles that you are running, read read and read until you cannot take it anymore.

But to answer your last 2 questions, 1 a 5mm motor shaft is going to be better than a 3mm motor shaft, 2 lower kv = more torque which is what you want for a 4wd 1/10th scale monster truck, you don't have a 2wd buggy that weights 2lbs. Remember earlier when you said that it doesn't move in the grass or when on rough terrain? It's because that motor does not have enough torque to move the truck. And the amount of torque also increases as you increase the size of the motor can for instance a 3300kv 3660 motor will have more torque than a 3300kv 3650 motor. And you can regear to achieve higher speeds. It is not like these things only run 1 size pinion on them.
So I do

I do read and it's not a headache for me im new to this. this is the first car I've bought and it was second hand. upgraded already. The back and forth just helps my understanding I've seen videos of the same truck on a 4300kv take off like a bat out of hell. Thus the esc problems which Makes sense because I drove it thru about 8 inches of water and flipped it submerging it completely.

And as I said before it's mainly for back yard and skateparks smooth surface right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back