SOLD / FOUND Differential mounts for V4 6s BLX platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Hello! I'm Bob and do CNC machine work. I had a request to make these parts, and so I have.

This is the differential mount for the 6s BLX v4 chassis (Infraction/Outkast/Notorious/Talion/Limitless/Kraton)

They are machined out of 6061, and have a near mirror machined finish which makes them hard to get a good picture of. I'm a machinist, not a photographer haha. They look stunning in person. Pretty proud how they turned out.

The price is $15, plus shipping from 44017 (Cleveland Ohio area) Tracking is prompt, and orders are shipped within 24hrs.

Attachments

• 20191207_150924.jpg
    20191207_150924.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191207_140325.jpg
    20191207_140325.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Where are they shipping from and where do you ship to?

Reactions: SrC
I would like a picture of the raised edge that captures the diffs forward bearing. Your two pictures show only one side of it. Beautiful work.(y)
I would consider 3.
I never liked the HR version because it didn't capture the forward bearing well enough so I had to shim that bearing to reduce spur sliding at the pinion. (Center. diff side play)

Last edited:
I would like a picture of the raised edge that captures the diffs forward bearing. Your two pictures show only one side of it. Beautiful work.(y)
I would consider 3.
I never liked the HR version because it didn't capture the forward bearing well enough so I had to shim that bearing to reduce spur sliding at the pinion. (Center. diff side play)

Of course, here's the other side! I take photos on my phone and was interrupted before I shot the other side. I took these right now.

As for run testing, honestly I am not able to do it personally. I hope to get into a v4 outkast as soon as I'm done with R&D on trx4 parts. One project at a time. They have been measured for dimensional accuracy, fit tested with the stock cover/clamp/ bearing and sent to customers who have confirmed fitment and badassery. The bearing fitment is slightly snug without too much force to crush/ distort the bearing. It feels like the stock fitment compared to the plastic mount. Absolutely not sloppy.

I take pride in my work, and stand behind my products. I've been a manufacturing entrepreneur for 5 years, a solid track record. It's how I provide for my family. I'm not saying that a bad something is impossible (even robots can have bad days), but if it comes from me... you will not be dissatisfied! (Puts soap box away)

If you'd like to see any more details, let me know!

Attachments

• 20191208_135015.jpg
    20191208_135015.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20191208_135043.jpg
    20191208_135043.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 114
  • 20191124_184811.jpg
    20191124_184811.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 111
Hello! I'm Bob and do CNC machine work. I had a request to make these parts, and so I have.

This is the differential mount for the 6s BLX v4 chassis (Infraction/Outkast/Notorious/Talion/Limitless/Kraton)

They are machined out of 6061, and have a near mirror machined finish which makes them hard to get a good picture of. I'm a machinist, not a photographer haha. They look stunning in person. Pretty proud how they turned out.

The price is $15, plus shipping from 44017 (Cleveland Ohio area) Tracking is prompt, and orders are shipped within 24hrs.
How do I go about purchasing one of these for my Typhon 6s?

I know the v3 is different. I don't have enough expertise with the blx platform to tell you what you'd need to do to use this part. I do know it's not a direct drop in.
To use this 6S V4 diff mount in a V3 rig, you can get a V4 diff mount Assy. from Jenny'sRC or HH direct and upgrade to the new sliding v4 motor mount altogether. Jenny's would be more practical. The advantage to the V4 mount overall is the fact that it is way easier to set mesh and remove the motor. The older V3 design requires you to remove the whole center diff and motor as an assembly. The Havoc V4 mount is different than the V3 mount. HR also makes a V3 mount. I didn't like the HR V4 mount however. I'll try Havoc's V4. (y)

Last edited:
Beautiful work for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back