SOLD / FOUND Differential mounts for V4 6s BLX platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the extra surface area for better dissipation. Also the adjusting screws. Very nice to see new ideas instead of just remanufacturing nice looking Arrma design. Looking forward to what else you will be making.

Made of stainless, the description is here in his webpage, it has options to install larger 1/5 motor too. Below is the video in action:

That is just brilliant. I am blown away by that design.
Would TL be advisable on that Black oxide clamp screw at the SS gear mesh adjuster?
Is the mount itself 6061, or 7075?

Last edited:
I dedicate a day to strictly running the machine and this kind of blows up haha. Can't turn your back on anything, even just for a second. :LOL:

I hope you make a motor mount for the K8S that can handle bigs cans and big gearing. I can’t find one... sold out ?
Btw: I just ordered your center diff mount for the 6s platform. ?

Thank's for giving my part a shot!
I don't have a K8s, so I can't confidently design a mount for it. I do have just the motor mount plate, and have an economical, "Practical Prototype Solution" in the works haha. (I hate telling people my business name out loud, it's so long... but it is exactly the thing I'm good at).
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break em for no one"

Very few stand behind their products anymore... Too many people believe in the "throw away" mentality and I just don't get it... I would rather buy it once and have it for a long time as I take care of my things, since I usually try to by quality over price, at least when I can.

That's a quote I live by. I'd rather die broke and honest, then live wealthy and wicked. (Just made that one up haha).

What’s it made out of..??
Does look super blingy..?

The frame is 6061 T-6, Made in the USA aluminum. The adjuster mechanisim is made out of 303 stainless. The hardware on it may get some surface rust eventually, however it shouldn't corrode solid like non-stainless. If I'm going to take your hard earned money, I want to give you something worth it in return.

That is just brilliant. I am blown away by that design.
Would TL be advisable on that Black oxide clamp screw at the SS gear mesh adjuster?
Is the mount itself 6061, or 7075?

Thanks!
Blue threadlock would be advisable on all of the black oxide hardware (EXCEPT for the small m3 jam screw that locks in the adjuster screw, I RED loctite that during assembly). I do not apply any because the customer would immediately need to loosen it, voiding my hard work haha. There isn't incredible strain or stress on that screw however, so properly tightening it should keep it in place. The loctite would just be peace of mind for those who are concerned.

I appreciate all the kind words everyone. Like I said, I will be getting vendor status here ASAFP (You can guess the F). Once I get my vendor forum, I'll keep it updated with new products, surveys (I do take input on my designs as they are being developed!) and more. I had been trying to lay low and stay out of trouble haha.

@Havoc I got the early version (without the jam screw to lock the adjuster screw), is blue threadlock needed to the adjuster screw (once all set) or it's fine without?

@Havoc I got the early version (without the jam screw to lock the adjuster screw), is blue threadlock needed to the adjuster screw (once all set) or it's fine without?
Nope. That screw is captured by the motor insert plate, and while it may vibrate and do a little dance on the screw, it's not going to go anywhere. The top clamp screws that lock the motor in place, will keep the motor in place regardless of what the adjuster screw is doing while vibrating.

It wouldn't hurt to put some loctite on it if you are concerned, but it also isn't necessary.

The lock plate was only implemented because some people thought it should have a lock. Not because it actually needed one.

ordered both mounts today.. forgot to order the diff mount originally so had two orders. heh shipping was fair so no biggie.
Thanks!
I don't always catch it, but If I notice that happen I try to fix straighten things out before buying shipping labels. I'm pretty sure you were promptly partially refunded. If you weren't, I missed it.

Just got my center diff mount and this thing is an absolute piece of ART!!! All I can say is WOW!!!
It even came with its own little 3D printed case. ?
33E374CA-F5FA-4CD0-9CDD-D0A34814E26C.jpeg
59F1B1A2-F3C2-4FA7-BB6C-BCFBF42E51AF.jpeg
91380798-9F25-4A57-83B6-DB0E08774C98.jpeg

You can definitely tell Bob takes a lot of pride in his workmanship! ???

Just got my center diff mount and this thing is an absolute piece of ART!!! All I can say is WOW!!!
It even came with its own little 3D printed case. ?
You can definitely tell Bob takes a lot of pride in his workmanship! ???

Thanks for the share!

I've officially gotten my "Vendor" badge...

You can order these directly off my website PPS-RC.COM As of now, the website is the only place to get the motor mounts. Ebay fees are a little out of hand, and I didn't quite price the mounts right for the amount of work I put into each one. Like hell they are going to get that extra fee money there. Also shipping for the customer is cheaper from my website vs Ebay.... so we both save some money.

Thanks for the share!

I've officially gotten my "Vendor" badge...

You can order these directly off my website PPS-RC.COM As of now, the website is the only place to get the motor mounts. Ebay fees are a little out of hand, and I didn't quite price the mounts right for the amount of work I put into each one. Like hell they are going to get that extra fee money there. Also shipping for the customer is cheaper from my website vs Ebay.... so we both save some money.
Very nice man.... I might have to design my own T2T brace, I mean carrying handle, and have you cut it! ?

Very nice man.... I might have to design my own T2T brace, I mean carrying handle, and have you cut it! ?
I will say, I do already have something in mind, however I also wouldn't mind talking with you about your project. There's always room for more ideas!

@PPS-RC ... Any discount codes for Arrma forum members..?? ???
My last business was heavily reliant on discounts, and I didn't like it. I personally feel it is almost a dishonest way to do business. Marketing is heavily reliant on psychology and smoke and mirrors. I know most businesses rely on discounts and it's a standard business practice. It's a good idea that works, and it gets people's blood rushing to get that good deal. People are much more likely to buy if it's on sale... I mean, look at the Black Friday lines...

The reality is the "sale" price has usually been marked up to compensate for the discount. I want to be successful but I don't have aspirations of being a gazillionaire. Profit is not a dirty word, but I try to price my work at a fair price for the quality of work that I do. I feel that if I can afford to sell my products for less, why wouldn't I just price them lower in the first place! It makes me feel bad/grimey/dishonest to the people who DO buy a product at full price that has already been marked up extra to compensate for the discount codes floating around. Plus it can leave a bad taste in people's mouths when they find out about the coupons AFTER they make the purchase. I know I've been upset finding a 20% off coupon AFTER making the full price purchase.

I don't harbor any bad feelings for the businesses who DO discounts. Like I said, it's a good way to drive sales, and a proven business model. Heck before I buy ANYTHING I am searching google for a coupon code... It's just simply not how I want to run MY business. And I dropped the extra long explanation full of run on sentences so people may understand where I'm coming from with my decision, instead of leaving you thinking it's a "Screw you guys, I want to make the most money possible off of you" scenario. With PPS, I am focusing on building a company based on the roots of upfront honesty, top quality, and genuine hard work. We'll see how that goes haha. 2 years from now I might find myself wishing I would've just done discounts instead. I know being idealistic in business doesn't get you as far as being cunning... but I'm doing things my way.

Just sub’d to your newsletter!
Dangit... Now I gotta come up with a newsletter ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, I always google for coupons before I buy anything. I totally understand where you're coming from.

It seems we have reached world record quickness for mutual understanding haha.
Just install Honey ? ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back