Differential oil brands & where to get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I am looking into getting more differential oils. I want to try a bunch of different weights as well as stock up. I have always used Associated differential oils and have never had a problem with them. The only issue is that a lot of the oils seem to be out of stock everywhere I have looked or they want, in my opinion, outrageous amounts of money for them. Like Amain is out of Associated 200k ($8.99 for 59ml) but they have Kyosho 200k ($17.99 for 40ml). I guess I am just wondering what brand differential oils everybody is running and where they get them from. I am thinking that my best bet is going to be back-ordering them with Tower or Amain and wait but figured I would check with everybody here.

I use Factory Team oils. Made by Lucas.
I am assuming that you are talking about the oils below? If so, these are the Associated oils that I was referring to. If not, could you provide a link?
5447_md.jpg

Sorry I didn't know. I wouldn't use anything else but that. I use Lucas oil stuff in all my full size vehicles.

Sorry I didn't know. I wouldn't use anything else but that. I use Lucas oil stuff in all my full size vehicles.
Not a problem. I appreciate that help. I just wanted to make sure that we were both talking about the same oil.

I use associated oils for a while but I took some advice from my buddy who is a pro racer
20180415_201914.jpg
and tried the pt racing oils and now I switched up to their diff and shock oils love them and have alot of different weights available my lhs has 30 different weights.

I use associated oils for a while but I took some advice from my buddy who is a pro racerView attachment 18243 and tried the pt racing oils and now I switched up to their diff and shock oils love them and have alot of different weights available my lhs has 30 different weights.

Just curious, what makes it better than associated oils?

I'm going to be switching all of my shock oils to PT racing after I use up my existing supply of Associated shock oils. I have seen several people recommend the PT oils. I just like the fact that you get like twice as much in a bottle LOL.

The only bad thing is that their differential oils only go up to like 30k so I really would only be able to use their oil in my front diffs. I might try Mugen differential oils which I found for $11 for 50ml, so it's in between the out of stock Associated oils and outrageously priced Kyosho oils HAHA.

Did you check ebay for associated oil?

I've been using mugen 50k in my MT's for quite a few years. Before that, I ran OFNA.
I hadn't checked ebay as I don't normally use ebay, but I did just check it and even ebay is pretty scarce. There was one 200K that was $8 from Taiwan with either $3, 3-8 week shipping or $12 one week shipping LOL. I will probably either order Mugen oils or backorder Associated at Tower since I really don't "need" them right now. Was just hoping to try some different weights and stock up. Really looking for 30K, 60K and 200K and would like to buy them all together to save on shipping. I don't know if everybody is buying oils right now since spring is here or if Associated is catching up supply from their mix up that I have read about or what is going on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back