Differential oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
whats up guys, I’m new to the arrma world. I have an outcast and I’m learning pretty quick bout stuff. I ride this truck pretty hard and I’m trying to figure out what kind of differential oil to use and what brand for all 3 diffs. Need help

Use Factory Team oil for everything. Diffs and shocks. It's made by Lucas which I use in all my full size cars and trucks. I went with all the stock weights for my diffs and shocks.
20180409_135422.jpg

TLR only in my diffs. Team Losi Racing diff fluid that is! Everyone has their own opinion but I us 500k in the center 50k in the rear and 125k in the front. Less front wheel spin.

Use Factory Team oil for everything. Diffs and shocks. It's made by Lucas which I use in all my full size cars and trucks. I went with all the stock weights for my diffs and shocks.View attachment 17712
I'm also going to use a small amount of Lucas synthetic oil stablelizer. I let you know if there's any issues. I use it in my full size .

Do not mix anything with RC Silicone diff or shock oil. (n)(n)(n) Silicone does not mix well with anything, other than Silicone oil. There will be oil separation if you do.(n)

This is simply NoT a real car differential. Far from it.:ROFLMAO: Foolish. Easy with that Lucas stuff.;)

TA oils are fine. There are others. I have mosty TA And TLR and some other boutique oils as well. TA and TLR oil is commonly found all over when not in short supply. Silicone oil is all basically the same. With Viscosity best measured in CST's, as opposed to "Weight". CST, an I.S. standard is more uniform between brands.

One and a half silicone ear plugs in center to nearly lock diff is what I did for bashing

Don’t use earplugs. Never designed for the application.

Stick with silicone diff fluids. They all have their weights in the containers. No guessing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back