Senton Differential questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl9171

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi!
Newbie here.
Kids are running Mega 4x4 at local race track every w.-e. and they finally stripped the spurs yesterday. From what I understand, the main reason was the non linear central drive shaft. I bought a diif. kit and here's my questions;

-I changed only the diff. black pinion and all the kit seems to roll/turn well… Do I need the change the case…?
-Is there any loctite on diif screws…? (unable to remove screws…) Need a better tool.
-My local dealer said to me to use stock plastic spur for replacement. Any metal spur available? (because the 3s Blx spur does not fit on basic Senton) I watched the Senton upgrade thread and did not find on spur metal question)

Have a nice day and thanks!
PL
IMG_1407.JPG

Hi!
Newbie here.
Kids are running Mega 4x4 at local race track every w.-e. and they finally stripped the spurs yesterday. From what I understand, the main reason was the non linear central drive shaft. I bought a diif. kit and here's my questions;

-I changed only the diff. black pinion and all the kit seems to roll/turn well… Do I need the change the case…?
-Is there any loctite on diif screws…? (unable to remove screws…) Need a better tool.
-My local dealer said to me to use stock plastic spur for replacement. Any metal spur available? (because the 3s Blx spur does not fit on basic Senton) I watched the Senton upgrade thread and did not find on spur metal question)

Have a nice day and thanks!
PLView attachment 22335

If the teeth look good on the ring gear that's part of the case, then no. You shouldn't have to change that.

There no loctite. Everything is plastic. Which screws are you having a hard time with?

No metal spurs for the Megas.

Last edited:
BTW - You might need a new pinion when you replace the spur if the pinion teeth feel sharp.

Thanks guys.
I take note.
@bick: The main screw of the slider rear drive shaft attached to the diff case. And all the other 4 screws… I need MIP driver for winter diff. maintenance. (extreme driving…)
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back