Mojave Differential slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey we're all human right. Having an RC is not rocket science like people make it out to be here. It's simple it's really simple it's just a matter of Parts. It's sad that conversation these days ends up being the biggest pissing match of all who can go the farthest or who has the biggest this or whatever. Can't we all just get along and bash?

Lol guys look at his picture. Hes missing a whole peice behind each of the spiders.

Not only is there a shim between the back of the spider and the case but there is also a big peice of metal thats rounded on one side and squared on the other.

That would create massive gap not having that.

View attachment 121213
Exactly why pictures are vital to online diagnosis
Those parts arenā€™t used with the aluminum diff case. Looks like broken pin if you ask me

UPDATE: i did double the shims and it seem to work. no more slipping/ skipping. thanks EVERYONE for the advice, good and bad. I appreciate everyone's input. I know i don't give good advice sometimes, but I try. After the rain stops i plan on taking it on a longer ride.
Wanst trying to get you all upset sorry. No hard feelings. I remember my first RC. šŸ¤£
sorry for over reacting, but you laughed first :D:D:D. no hard (hurt?) feelings?

Did you ever get this one figured out. Although I keep assuming its something simple I'm also anxious to know what it was that's wrong. Hope it all worked out for ya.

Hey we're all human right. Having an RC is not rocket science like people make it out to be here. It's simple it's really simple it's just a matter of Parts. It's sad that conversation these days ends up being the biggest pissing match of all who can go the farthest or who has the biggest this or whatever. Can't we all just get along and bash?
i guess there are two posts. basically it seems extra shims. i ran it for cpl mins in the rain and brought it inside. i will know after the rain stops and when i can do a good run. i can also see if the car runs at full speed. it was running at 35mph before, instead of around 50.

UPDATE: i did double the shims and it seem to work. no more slipping/ skipping. thanks EVERYONE for the advice, good and bad. I appreciate everyone's input. I know i don't give good advice sometimes, but I try. After the rain stops i plan on taking it on a longer ride.

sorry for over reacting, but you laughed first :D:D:D. no hard (hurt?) feelings?
I like shimming the inner gears dry until it feels slightly knotchy to me and then I remove a shim. You take apart the diff like 8 or 10 times sometimes so a power drill helps!

i guess there are two posts. basically it seems extra shims. i ran it for cpl mins in the rain and brought it inside. i will know after the rain stops and when i can do a good run. i can also see if the car runs at full speed. it was running at 35mph before, instead of around 50.
How many shims did you endup using? 50 on stock gearing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back