Differential stuck on new Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcow

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi,

I just unboxed my new Fury BLX. :)
I noticed that the differential isn't smooth. When I turn one wheel, the other one runs in the same direction.
What should I do?
Dissassemble the new car, or send it back?
I bought it online, so sending it back is a lot of hassle.

Thanks,

Marco

Hi,

I just unboxed my new Fury BLX. :)
I noticed that the differential isn't smooth. When I turn one wheel, the other one runs in the same direction.
What should I do?
Dissassemble the new car, or send it back?
I bought it online, so sending it back is a lot of hassle.

Thanks,

Marco

Can you hold one wheel and turn the other with little to no force and no grinding or horrible noises? If so, you can try to gently move the wheels in opposite directions to spread the grease around and free it up. If not, you can pull it apart and see what's going on in there. If you're not feeling good about those suggestions, you can try giving ARRRMA support a call and see what they say. Sending it back would be my last choice. You'll probably get stuck with return shipping and that will sting.

I'm thinking it was put together a little too tight and will work itself in with a little help or you might need to take it apart and put it back together and the problem will disappear. If you tear it down and find a bunch of chewed up parts, then you need some warranty support because someone was asleep at the wrench when they assembled that rig.

When I turn the wheels in opposite direction, it feels smooth but heavy. (Like a tight oil seal)
If I decide to open the differential, is it filled with oil, and do I need new oil?

When I turn the wheels in opposite direction, it feels smooth but heavy. (Like a tight oil seal)
If I decide to open the differential, is it filled with oil, and do I need new oil?

I doubt it you need new oil. Try a call to ARRMA support to see if that's typical behavior. It may just run thick fluid due to being a brushless truck and running high RPMs. If the fluid was too thin, it would break free too easily.

It should filled with oil if this is the BLX version.
The MEGA could come now with grease.

I can only tell you my differentials (2013 spec full metal) all make the other wheel turn in the opposite direction when I turn the other one.
At this moment I am rebuilding my differential, and also have this situation where my diff feels smooth, jet the other wheel does not turn anymore. Instead the motor is turned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back