Differential yoke grease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the Yoke of the diff? Not sure what part you are exactly referring to. 🤷‍♂️

The ring and input gears of the diff. get any NLGI 2 grease, what Red and Tacky is. 👍Just fine or anything similar in an automotive grease.

But Yoke to me can mean the Input cups or Output cups where the dog bones sit into. Nothing is used there. Maybe a dry lube spray if anything. But no grease. It will collect dirt and wear it out because it is exposed.
Describe better. I don't want to assume and misinform you.
:cool:

What is the Yoke of the diff? Not sure what part you are exactly referring to. 🤷‍♂️

The ring and input gears of the diff. get any NLGI 2 grease, what Red and Tacky is. 👍Just fine or anything similar in an automotive grease.

But Yoke to me can mean the Input cups or Output cups where the dog bones sit into. Nothing is used there. Maybe a dry lube spray if anything. But no grease. It will collect dirt and wear it out because it is exposed.
Describe better. I don't want to assume and misinform you.
:cool:
The yoke case it’s called. Part #AR310783

3729AC8F-EE2B-446A-8120-562D61306C94.jpeg

Grease just goes around the ring gear inside of these Yokes halves. These yoke halves basically house the diff/ring. Red and Tacky is fine. 👍
BTW if refilling the inside diff gears with silicone oil. It uses 10k CST diff oil as stock. FWIW.

InkedRIng gear 4x4_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back