Fazon Differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
I see the differential is has no fluid, but it is greased. Let's try 30k diff fluid, why not. Hehe

20220903_002549.jpg

Is that diff a sealed diff to start with??? I don't see any Gasket and O-Rings there....
Oil may leak out??? IDK.:unsure:
FWIW, Grease is aprox. equivalent to 1k CST . For a comparitive reference.
:cool:

FWIW, Grease is aprox. equivalent to 1k CST
I believe I’ve heard you mention this before. I always thought weight or CST was relative to thickness of the lubricant or something similar. Can you explain more if you don’t mind?

Is that diff a sealed diff to start with??? I don't see any Gasket and O-Rings there....
Oil may leak out??? IDK.:unsure:
FWIW, Grease is aprox. equivalent to 1k CST . For a comparitive reference.
:cool:
Nope! It's not sealed. 30k is so thick it might not make it through the cracks. If it leaks out I'm guessing what's left will still be more than the tiny bit of grease that's was there. This thing is so cheap it's not a big deal. Thanks for the info.

With RWD( 2wd), I like the diff loose. Much easier to drive. Best traction. So grease at 1K cst is fine. A personal call there.
I run 60kFr. and 30KRear with my 6s rigs. Even with the gaskets and o-rings in place they will eventually leak. Mostly past the O rings and into the BB's.(n)
I run 500k in the center diff and it will leak first before the others. But they do run 6s power FWIW.

I have a similar situation with my TA SCT (ProSe 4x4). Unfortunately parts all were discontinued ony a few months after I bought it. TA does that. The Last TA model I will ever buy.:(
The F and R diffs were supposedly Diff oil compatible according to the box art and Manual. But they only packed them with Grease out the box.
I disassembled them only to find TA never included/installed the O-rings and Gaskets. TA cheaped out. I can't find the gaskets or O-rings. So I just packed the diffs almost completely with grease. Is what it is. The grease is just too thin for me being a 4x4. (with a slipper clutch no less :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back