Outcast Diffs on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree Rich I reckon your spot on !!!
I Cooked a Centre diff after about 12 runs so I get a bit paranoid. Running in hot weather though.
Changed the diff case tonight and found the rear bearing was destroyed was wondering what that noise was on braking !!

That's what was left of the bearing !! And diff case

View attachment 6230
Hot weather!!! I'm already dreading having to possibly drop a tooth on the pinion this summer. Did the bigger bearing inside crap out? I had the little one on outside crap out on my Typhon, lost 2 teeth from main input gear. I usually stop running or switch cars if I hear something suspicious. If running in really dry, fine, dusty dirt or moist/wet conditions, I give the rigs more frequent love. Bearing failure can be really nasty with these big power rigs. Weird sounds are reason enough to break the diffs open and do some bearing inspection and diff maintenance. Posted a vid called Kraton Berm Ripper. That one bash trashed the front bearings. Air compressor did almost nothing after run. There is some ultra fine gritty, super sticky crap that got everywhere!!! Doing a near complete rig breakdown. I can be lazy with some maintenance stuff, but I was shocked at how every moving part got jammed with crap!!! That stuff eats parts up quickly if ignored.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back