Kraton Diffs on the kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are y'all running in your diffs?
I have a Noto/Outcast and I run 60/500/30 f/c/r. I know a lot of the others run similar setups with maybe a little lighter in the center. As far as shims go, in the aluminum cup, one each under the two main planetary gears and one each on the outside of each of the smaller satellite gears. The two that go under the larger gears serve more of a purpose of compressing the o ring as the pin sits on top of it, so the gear really isn't being affected by it. The smaller shims on the outside of the satellites help to push them in so they make better contact with the two larger gears. Some run without any, some choose to put one on each of the shafts of the satellite gears, so only two instead of four (two per shaft). You have to build it and dry test to really know how much you need. It's easy to know when there's too much because it will bind. Harder to tell if you have to little, but it's all by feel.

Last edited:
I had 100/500/100 in my outcast. I did that when I first started and was running 4S. Now that I'm running 6S, I figured I'd drop the center down a bit as it's a bit wheelie happy. I just rebuilt the rear and center diff with the arrma metal cups and use 100 in the rear but 300 in the center. I run trencher 3.8's which are wrapped with kevlar. They are heavier than stock, so take a bit heavier oil to keep the power where I want it without diffing out really bad.

I have a Noto/Outcast and I run 60/500/30 f/c/r. I know a lot of the others run similar setups with maybe a little lighter in the center. As far as shims go, in the aluminum cup, one each under the two main planetary gears and one each on the outside of each of the smaller satellite gears. The two that go under the larger gears serve more of a purpose of compressing the o ring as the pin sits on top of it, so the gear really isn't being affected by it. The smaller shims on the outside of the satellites help to push them in so they make better contact with the two larger gears. Some run without any, some choose to put one on each of the shafts of the satellite gears, so only two instead of four (two per shaft). You have to build it and dry test to really know how much you need. It's easy to know when there's too much because it will bind. Harder to tell if you have to little, but it's all by feel.
Yes it’s all by feel. My kraton 6s v3 is new and I have shimmed the diffs. I have tried to shim the larger gears but each time the gear was affected and it was really too tight. I had to shim the satellites, adding one per or two shaft, depending of the box.
Will see how it works.

Yes it’s all by feel. My kraton 6s v3 is new and I have shimmed the diffs. I have tried to shim the larger gears but each time the gear was affected and it was really too tight. I had to shim the satellites, adding one per or two shaft, depending of the box.
Will see how it works.
What is a good shim kit/part #to use? And thanks for the information ??

What is a good shim kit/part #to use? And thanks for the information ??
I ve used the Associates set of shims for 1/8 and Kyosho for the larger gears .
But that was rather difficult to find . These are most of the time out of atock. Amain Hobbies are extremely quick, although I am from France...
I ve used the Associates set of shims for 1/8 and Kyosho for the larger gears .
But that was rather difficult to find . These are most of the time out of atock. Amain Hobbies are extremely quick, although I am from France...
Associated ..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back