Kraton Dirt Guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkyd31

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys, Does anyone know where I can score up some rear dirt guards for my kraton..Just like to like to keep my whip clean and it seems that the rear loves to collect a lot of junk..Thanks for any help. Rubber side down. Sparkyd31 ( Dave)

Ebay.

I am using this one minus the diff guard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Krat...757737?hash=item4d57841ce9:g:1ugAAOSwA29Y4uj7

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like an awesome set up with plenty of protection from the junk... I placed my order...Thanks again, Sparkyd31

Looks like an awesome set up with plenty of protection from the junk... I placed my order...Thanks again, Sparkyd31

And they don't weigh much. I had the T-Bone Version, and they were more heavy duty, but ugly as heck. When I swapped the body out, the T-bones got in the way of the body.

Look great, but my concern is the dirt and water that enters are impossible to clean?

The back is open, so I just use a BBQ brush to clean off the rear arms. These are just to protect the shocks and arms from getting smashed up with gravel, or coated in mud.

The back is open, so I just use a BBQ brush to clean off the rear arms. These are just to protect the shocks and arms from getting smashed up with gravel, or coated in mud.
Thanks, sound good. Easy acces is important to prevent rust and for cleaning.
If only shipping to europe was a little easier...

You can make these pretty easily. Start with some cardboard, and find a size that works, this makes your template. . Then cut it out of some 1/16 plastic. I forget the exact name of the material. Then it's only 2 small holes, one right where the sway bar post goes, and you can use the same screw. The other goes down towards the wheel. There is already a hole there, I think.

You can make these pretty easily. Start with some cardboard, and find a size that works, this makes your template. . Then cut it out of some 1/16 plastic. I forget the exact name of the material. Then it's only 2 small holes, one right where the sway bar post goes, and you can use the same screw. The other goes down towards the wheel. There is already a hole there, I think.

I know... :meh:

F3E082C1-5D5B-43BB-AB58-C70F3265BE7F.jpeg
I’ve been using Kydex on RC’s for years. Highly recommended. Here is a cover I made to protect the rear shocks. It’s the best for mud guards also. Body lexan is good also for mud flaps. It’s easier becase it’s clear.

Last edited:
Pop bottle, milk jug, ice cream pail will all work.

I make mine out of windshield washer jugs, it's thicker than the milk and soda pop containers. I also use the washer jugs to make circles to help the body pins not go thru the body. I have added some height to the stock Outcast front mud guards with the material too and put them on my Senton to help keep some of the debris out.
I have experimented with it a bunch on my RC's.

This Kydex can be bent and shaped to fit around curves. Like lets say you wanted to make gaurds for the rear a-arms and wanted them to bend down and under the a-arm. Is that possible??

This Kydex can be bent and shaped to fit around curves. Like lets say you wanted to make gaurds for the rear a-arms and wanted them to bend down and under the a-arm. Is that possible??
Yes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back