Vorteks Disappointed in Arrma New Zealand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
So my Vorteks motors bearings seized. Because I'm outside the US I have to deal with the importer via the hobby shop I purchased it through. I had to send in the complete truck and they have told me it's a repair not a warranty plus the parts will take a week to source.

Words cannot describe how annoying this is. I've told them to send it back to me and I'll fix it myself.

Note: If you're in New Zealand and your motor bearings crap out (known issue) you won't be getting a replacement motor under warranty.

The surpass hobby 3660 3300kv motor I've got coming should be a decent replacement for the Spectrum POS.

So my Vorteks motors bearings seized. Because I'm outside the US I have to deal with the importer via the hobby shop I purchased it through. I had to send in the complete truck and they have told me it's a repair not a warranty plus the parts will take a week to source.

Words cannot describe how annoying this is. I've told them to send it back to me and I'll fix it myself.

Note: If you're in New Zealand and your motor bearings crap out (known issue) you won't be getting a replacement motor under warranty.

The surpass hobby 3660 3300kv motor I've got coming should be a decent replacement for the Spectrum POS.
Idk how many times I have to tell people the problem isn't the motors it is the motor module. It doesn't matter what motor you put in there it is going to eat bearings.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blew-up-my-castle-motor-1515-4th-run-on-4s.39149/#post-536956
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3200kv-blx-3660-motor-bearings.9826/#post-367654

Yes you are correct but this doesn't excuse the supplier side stepping the warranty.

I'm going to put a cut in the chassis to allow debris out. Do you think that will be enough or do I need to seal the motor as well?

Yes you are correct but this doesn't excuse the supplier side stepping the warranty.

I'm going to put a cut in the chassis to allow debris out. Do you think that will be enough or do I need to seal the motor as well?
Yeah sadly once you leave North America you might as well wipe your butt with the warranty because that is about all it is good for.....

I sealed the module and the motor on mine but I haven't run it since I did it.

FWIW I have been emailing the NZ Arrma importer daily and he's finally going to follow up my motor bearing issue with Horizon AND he's sending me a replacement servo (a Savox) for my dead stock Vorteks servo.

Sometimes it just pays to be a squeaky wheel.

I am being sent a replacement motor đź‘Ź My constant communication with the Arrma supplier has worked. He contacted his HH sales rep and it's a warranty issue.

Apologies for the back to back posts but this could be important for those wanting to push a warranty claim outside of Nth America.

FWIW I have been emailing the NZ Arrma importer daily and he's finally going to follow up my motor bearing issue with Horizon AND he's sending me a replacement servo (a Savox) for my dead stock Vorteks servo.

Sometimes it just pays to be a squeaky wheel.
Heya BulletRC_NZ. Who is the arrma importer? I need to ask him a bout a product I want for my nephews that you can't get in New Zealand. Can you help? Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back