Disappointed in hot racing motor mount...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I have been using the hot racing adjustable motor mount for about a mount now came across some interesting info on it today. Someone else commented that it's not a very solid mount. So I went to check mine and low and behold mine had play in it when I try moving the motor up and down. I could feel it and see it. Put the stock arrma mount back in. No more play and Feels solid. So in the parts bin the HR mount goes. ?

Still completely secure in my Kraton. Granted I have my custom rear brace on the rear end of the tp 4070cm motor and secured to the chassis.
5D9275A2-F03D-466C-91F2-C2A403208772.jpeg

I have been using the hot racing adjustable motor mount for about a mount now came across some interesting info on it today. Someone else commented that it's not a very solid mount. So I went to check mine and low and behold mine had play in it when I try moving the motor up and down. I could feel it and see it. Put the stock arrma mount back in. No more play and Feels solid. So in the parts bin the HR mount goes. ?
Is this the 6s or 3s motor mount? I am assuming the 6s, I noticed that mine had some play, I could move the motor slightly side to side, but it went away when I tightened down the screw.
I really like my M2C mount on my D8T, I might pick up the Arrma one from them when I get my chassis.

Still completely secure in my Kraton. Granted I have my custom rear brace on the rear end of the tp 4070cm motor and secured to the chassis.
View attachment 39925

Show off ?

What’s up with the mesh on the front Shock Tower? Just to keep debris out? I like it.

Mine is the 6s mount. I tried re-tightening all the screws and the play didnt go away. Trying to set gear mesh with a 34t pinion is a pita. Lol. Dang pinion is so big it blocks the motor mount screws. Had to keep pinion loose then set mesh where I wanted it, pull pinion off and then try and tighten motor screws without it moving. Took a few attempts but I finally got it.

I love the way you look after your rigs @joostin420, they always look like you just got them out of the box.....unlike mine where getting them out of the box is the only time they look that good
I cleaned my Outcast once.
20190505_213921.jpg

Show off ?

What’s up with the mesh on the front Shock Tower? Just to keep debris out? I like it.
The shock tower has a carbon fiber extension and body mounts.

Yes, tires are src terrain crushers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back