Colorado Discovered RC track in the wild: adjoining Centennial Park, Frederick, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernCrawlerado

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I just bought an Element Gatekeeper RC crawler, (this is a great RC car sub-hobby, BTW), and while walking the dogs near Centennial Park in Frederick, Colorado, I found a great place to drive the crawler over the mega-ton of rocks in the park…

Then I stumbled on a short-course, home-grown off-road race course. It is far too small for BMX, and seems to be scaled for 1/24 up to (a tight) 1/10th scale - might be far too slow for my brand-new Typhon.

This course is immediately south of the parking lot, adjacent to the field the paraglider guys fly out of. It seems to be hand-dug. There is an apex spot where a driver might be able to see most of the track.

Might be worth a look - but I’ll probably turn in some laps at LRC raceway in Longmont or go bashing on that single-track in Erie that guy made that video about this weekend.

I’ll attach a photo next time I’m in the area.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
I’d be interested to see that. I stopped by Erie single track a week ago or so to check it out. I didn’t have a ton of time, but it’s interesting. Some good areas, but I had to do a lot of back and forth as I didn’t immediately find a good place to stand and see very far -lots of blind spots.

It’s just as tough to see where you are driving on this track. In truth it would probably be suitable for 1/18th to 1/24th cars. Not great for a 1/8th car like the Typhon. Probably even a 1/10th scale car might be questionable.

Erie Singletrack has users renting the space through some sort of web application.

Honestly I may try to check out the BMX park in Longmont tomorrow at a couple of locations, or go by LRC if they’re open.

I suspect it will be too cool to go out at all tomorrow or Sunday.

I have ran my Notorious and Losi DBXL around this little track...it's too small for both but fun just the same. Really surprised to see it mentioned here. It's really well hidden.

It’s just as tough to see where you are driving on this track. In truth it would probably be suitable for 1/18th to 1/24th cars. Not great for a 1/8th car like the Typhon. Probably even a 1/10th scale car might be questionable.
I had a few minutes to stop and check out this Frederick place. You’re right that the scale is a bit small. I didn’t have my 1/16 with me, but my 1/10 truck (it’s the exact same footprint as a 1/8 typhon) ripped around it a few times. I think racing would work, but would have to be 1 at a time with timed laps.
Pretty cool little track though. I could see fine when standing on a ridge in the middle. Way more compact than Erie single track.

Went here yesterday with a couple friends and we were able to successfully race for a good hour. Met the guy who made the track, and he is already starting to add more to it.

We raced 2 big rocks and a wide-maxx all at the same time with good success. We had to have different starting lines as passing each other is quite difficult in the small lanes, but it was fun. I’d recommend for just about any car.

Funny to see the Longmont bmx spot mentioned here. It's where we make all our bash videos 🤣

Back