Diy body retainers? Has anyone made these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I wanna know! haha i've seen on facebook someone used a zip tie and something else

Use a small zip-tie and attach it to the body clip,cut a short length of fuel tubing(nitro)about 20mm long. Slip the tubing over the zip-tie and use a second zip-tie to secure the tubing in place,then simply trim the ends off.

Dudes, just get the proline mounts and be done with it. They are only $6.

PRO6070-02

pro6070-02.jpg

Yes, I'm curious how do these work? It seems they are designed to fit with Proline made body posts.

I also see that RPM has plastic washers to reinforce body drill holes. I might try those.

I've had pretty good luck with the foam donut stick-ons surrounding the drill hole on the bottom side.

I tried the plastic washers, they didn't seem to help anything. Maybe I used them wrong, though. I tried floating above the body, floating below the body, and shoe-gooed to the inside of the body (with and without drywall tape) None really helped.

Yes, I'm curious how do these work? It seems they are designed to fit with Proline made body posts.

I also see that RPM has plastic washers to reinforce body drill holes. I might try those.

I've had pretty good luck with the foam donut stick-ons surrounding the drill hole on the bottom side.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/how-to-installing-a-pro-line-body-mount-thumbwasher-kit/

I was a bit concerned they wouldn't work on the rear of my granite, because there isn't much to drill into, but they have held up just fine. The front was no problem, plenty of meat there. Definitely worth the effort, I didn't realize him much of a PIA body clips are until I tried these.

Those proline screw on caps work best with a new fresh body. They will work with the Arrma pre existing body holes, but not the best. Their will be a lot of slop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back