Kraton Diy bumper material?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
So a friend gave me his old broken Tbone Racing Bumper for my Kraton. The main part is broken but it still works as a bumper due to the secondary spring, making it better than nothing for now.

I'm thinking I could redo the main part myself, only Issue is I have no idea what kind of plastic is used here.

So anyone know of a good diy bumper material?

20230121_124934.jpg

So a friend gave me his old broken Tbone Racing Bumper for my Kraton. The main part is broken but it still works as a bumper due to the secondary spring, making it better than nothing for now.

I'm thinking I could redo the main part myself, only Issue is I have no idea what kind of plastic is used here.

So anyone know of a good diy bumper material?

View attachment 271693

Go to an auto junk yard and get your hands on any spare/discarded automotive bumper coverings... Those materials are tough 💪

See if they're willing to just give it to you, especially when the skins are ripped/damaged in some way. The salvage yards are usually trying to get rid of them anyways.

Re-use & repurpose those bumper skins 🦍
Good luck 👍

Go to an auto junk yard and get your hands on any spare/discarded automotive bumper coverings... Those materials are tough 💪

See if they're willing to just give it to you, especially when the skins are ripped/damaged in some way. The salvage yards are usually trying to get rid of them anyways.

Re-use & repurpose those bumper skins 🦍
Good luck 👍
Oh that's a good Idea, though it's not really viable for me just yet as there are none near me and I can't drive yet.
I used 1/4” HDPE (available at Menards) to make this.

View attachment 271709
View attachment 271710
Oh that looks good, wonder how you formed it into shape and how it's holding up?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back