Talion DiY Mud Guards with g10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Took the car out today and the leaves on the ground were in full force so I decided some guards were in order. Had some time and some leftover g10 material from making knife handles and threw these together. V1.0 in Orange I will probably make a few more to fit and be a bit more shaped with purpose, maybe go into the wheel a bit more and slim them down in some spots. Stoked for the first try, mocked up with some card board first and then cut em.

Attachments

• IMG_3609.JPG
    IMG_3609.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3611.JPG
    IMG_3611.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 78
Very nice. How much material did it take all together and how thick? I wasn't familiar with g10 and just looked it up. Looks like there are several color / design options.

I had a sheet that was probably 8x10" and i think .030 thick. Couldn't decide if i wanted it brown or orange. but i figure my track is watered often so it would turn brown real quick. haa
There are some really awesome colors out there though and its super easy to work with.

Just a little hand coping saw from home depot. The material is easy to cut so i didnt mind the hand tools.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.JPG
    IMG_3613.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 34
Those look awesome! Good job! How’s they work out?
They do the job, maybe some new shaped ones with thinner material would be better, gotta figure out how to mold the material a bit and direct the dirt down out the bottom of the car vs up and over the suspension.

They do the job, maybe some new shaped ones with thinner material would be better, gotta figure out how to mold the material a bit and direct the dirt down out the bottom of the car vs up and over the suspension.
I'm not familiar with g10, but my first thought was kydex. I used it for holsters and it is fairly easy to work with. I've already used scraps for making fan mounts and such. Just hit it with a heat gun or a torch (from a distance) and the stuff turns into almost rubber form, but then regains it's strength once it cools down. Not too expensive and available on Amazon in different thicknesses.

Kydex would be another great material. Good call on that jeremy. G10 is used for grips too. There are some great cnc'd g10 grips available too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back