DIY Sauce to get better grip for speed runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
Looking for a good DIY SAUCE recipe that I can make different viscosities of for Hoons/Street Tires.
Anyone have or willing to share SAUCE RECIPES for speed runs?
Linked a video that I'm using to make some.

That video is how I made mine. HFCS, corn starch, a little food coloring and, IIRC, I added a little dash of powdered Gelatine. From my limited personal experience, I found it to work a lot better on foams than it does on belted rubber tires, but take that with a grain of salt. YMMV.

That video is how I made mine. HFCS, corn starch, a little food coloring and, IIRC, I added a little dash of powdered Gelatine. From my limited personal experience, I found it to work a lot better on foams than it does on belted rubber tires, but take that with a grain of salt. YMMV.
What is HFCS & IIRC? This would work on street tires like Hoons?

HFCS = High Fructose Corn Syrup
IIRC = IF I Recall Correctly

I find the performance of tire sauce of this nature on belted rubber tires leaves a bit to be desired. My assumption is that it forms a slippery barrier between the rubber and the road whereas it actually penetrates into the foam increasing mechanical mesh. That's not etched in stone, just my current working hypothesis.

HFCS = High Fructose Corn Syrup
IIRC = IF I Recall Correctly

I find the performance of tire sauce of this nature on belted rubber tires leaves a bit to be desired. My assumption is that it forms a slippery barrier between the rubber and the road whereas it actually penetrates into the foam increasing mechanical mesh. That's not etched in stone, just my current working hypothesis.
Corn Starch all ready have at home. How much Gelatin did you add? Did you use the full 64oz of corn syrup like the video?
20220521_122946.jpg

Corn Starch all ready have at home. How much Gelatin did you add? Did you use the full 64oz of corn syrup like the video?View attachment 218934
I used a little over 2 lbs. of corn syrup (though mine was confectioners HFCS which is more viscous than Karo). As for how much Gelatine, I don't remember exactly. But it was minimal. I wanna say something around half to one tsp.

I used a little over 2 lbs. of corn syrup (though mine was confectioners HFCS which is more viscous than Karo). As for how much Gelatine, I don't remember exactly. But it was minimal. I wanna say something around half to one tsp.
I'm trying to follow the video to a T since this is my first time making it. Thanks for the information. Anything else I should know when applying it or tips?

I'm trying to follow the video to a T since this is my first time making it. Thanks for the information. Anything else I should know when applying it or tips?
So, should I return the Karo I got to get a thicker HFCS?

So, should I return the Karo I got to get a thicker HFCS?
Nah, just make it the way he's making it. You can get the Karo to a thicker viscosity just by letting it cook off some of the water content. It's something you're going to have to experiment with.

As for application, watch his other video with his dual motor Limitless.

Nah, just make it the way he's making it. You can get the Karo to a thicker viscosity just by letting it cook off some of the water content. It's something you're going to have to experiment with.

As for application, watch his other video with his dual motor Limitless.
Will do thanks for the info

Looking for a good DIY SAUCE recipe that I can make different viscosities of for Hoons/Street Tires.
Anyone have or willing to share SAUCE RECIPES for speed runs?
Linked a video that I'm using to make some.
Did you mean to say drag racing? You don’t need sauce for speed runs.

What is HFCS & IIRC? This would work on street tires like Hoons?
High Fructose Corn Syrup.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What a recipe.:giggle:
Foamies are usually treated differently than Rubber tires, traction wise.
Be careful what you use on Foams. They can deteriorate/dry out easily. Even make them harder. On a good day they wear out quick, start to Chunk with nothing on them.

High Fructose Corn Syrup.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What a recipe.:giggle:
Foamies are usually treated differently than Rubber tires, traction wise.
Be careful what you use on Foams. They can deteriorate/dry out easily. Even make them harder. On a good day they wear out quick, start to Chunk with nothing on them.
Might seem like an oximoron but truing them down to a much thinner diameter will help reduce that chunking too. I have had my best hits on warn down sets of tires. Less give in the foam and much less likely to chunk out. Also, I’ve yet to have traction issues on clean paved surfaces. Never used juice yet and still hold the top 0-40s pass so far here. 🤘🏻

Speed Runs is correct. I'm having a hard time getting off the line without washing out. Tired off rolling in on the throttle. Trying to get a good launch from a dig, don't like starting from a roll. I have a app that gives me tones of Telemetry data that can be transferred to the PC app.

Speed Runs is correct. I'm having a hard time getting off the line without washing out. Tired off rolling in on the throttle. Trying to get a good launch from a dig, don't like starting from a roll. I have a app that gives me tones of Telemetry data that can be transferred to the PC app.
That’s the worst way to start a speed run as you’ll spike your amp draw and kill your battery output potential.

Listen to Jon. He knows of what he speaks. And if you can't get off the line without washing out, you should probably be addressing your suspension and not saucing your tires. If your suspension is set up and tuned correctly, you can give it full throttle and go in a straight line without gyros or any other aides.

That’s the worst way to start a speed run as you’ll spike your amp draw and kill your battery output potential.
I'm new to this so thanks for that information. Guess I'm returning everything I got to make it.
What about cleaning the tires with simple green and soak them in motor oil to condition them since they have a slipper release agent. I've also seen that in videos to get better grip. Any truth to that?
Listen to Jon. He knows of what he speaks. And if you can't get off the line without washing out, you should probably be addressing your suspension and not saucing your tires. If your suspension is set up and tuned correctly, you can give it full throttle and go in a straight line without gyros or any other aides.
I'm new to speed runs, what can I do to my suspension to make it not wash out?

I'm new to this so thanks for that information. Guess I'm returning everything I got to make it.
What about cleaning the tires with simple green and soak them in motor oil to condition them since they have a slipper release agent. I've also seen that in videos to get better grip. Any truth to that?

I'm new to speed runs, what can I do to my suspension to make it not wash out?
I've gotten some GRPs stupid sticky by alternately washing them several/many times with simple green and WD40. They were S3 compound IIRC. Not quite Proline Reaction w/Gremlin Goo sticky, but approaching it. Here's a good primer to understanding suspension setup in a drag car (but the principles described apply to all cars of course):

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back