DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro 7: In-Depth Comparison! (4K)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Massive fan over here of Dji the largest drone maker in the world and dominates 70% of the sector., I am looking for a really nice action camera for uploading my bashing sessions with my RC Cars and RC boats. I have looked at the GOPRO but I just love how the Dji Osmo #Action Camera looks and the quality of the camera is superior! I know that the #Dji make some unbelievable stuff trust me. I own a #MavicPro / Dji Spark / Mavic Air and the now the new #MavicPro2 drone. I still think that I am going to be choosing this camera b.c it works awesome if you own a mac b/c Dji software really integrates very well with MAC Computers vs PC computers. I mainly use #FinalCutPro for post production which is obviously a mac program. PLUS - This little action camera packs one hell of a punch with a 4K60fps at 100mbs video which pretty amazing.

Here is a really good vid of in depth review between the Dji Action camera vs the gopro hero 7.

Attachments

• Osmo Action Camera.jpg
    Osmo Action Camera.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 61
  • medium_9d469f3d-218b-42fc-95c4-7eb3be7e3616.jpg
    medium_9d469f3d-218b-42fc-95c4-7eb3be7e3616.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Massive fan over here of Dji the largest drone maker in the world and dominates 70% of the sector., I am looking for a really nice action camera for uploading my bashing sessions with my RC Cars and RC boats. I have looked at the GOPRO but I just love how the Dji Osmo #Action Camera looks and the quality of the camera is superior! I know that the #Dji make some unbelievable stuff trust me. I own a #MavicPro / Dji Spark / Mavic Air and the now the new #MavicPro2 drone. I still think that I am going to be choosing this camera b.c it works awesome if you own a mac b/c Dji software really integrates very well with MAC Computers vs PC computers. I mainly use #FinalCutPro for post production which is obviously a mac program. PLUS - This little action camera packs one hell of a punch with a 4K60fps at 100mbs video which pretty amazing.

Here is a really good vid of in depth review between the Dji Action camera vs the gopro hero 7.
How do you watch that and come away wanting the Osmo ??‍♂️

Well, my buddy films with one and love its, plus, i have 4 of there drones and the quality of the videography or Photography is out of this world! I sure the quality is awesome as well with the Hero. You guys must have never own any Dji Gear before have you? Does anybody own the Hero GOPRO and what model you do you use to film with?

Well, my buddy films with one and love its, plus, i have 4 of there drones and the quality of the videography or Photography is out of this world! I sure the quality is awesome as well with the Hero. You guys must have never own any Dji Gear before have you? Does anybody own the Hero GOPRO and what model you do you use to film with?
I have two of the Hero 6 Blacks and like them. One downside is shooting in 4K for more than 5 mins, they do overheat. That was the lockup issue he found in that video above. Maybe someone has a solution for that somewhere, but that’s the one issue I’ve had.

I've been using the Hero 7 Black for 2 months now, and the video quality is great, but it's not perfect. I've had many instances where the video starts to stutter, it is finicky about lighting when left in an auto position, and sucks batteries like a starving baby on a teet. Had to buy some off brand back ups from Amazon to be able to use it for more than an hour of shooting. I shoot in 1080 120 fps, which I find is more than satisfactory for amateur video playback. In 4k mode, it gobbles up the battery and the memory card, and isn't so significantly better that it's worth the hassle of repetitive battery changes and a monster memory card. I was using my Samsung S7 before, and if I could find a way to mount it on my head and know that it was pointed in the right direction, I may have stuck with it. The video quality was comparable to the Hero 7 with the settings being the same. In the end, it's nice having a completely waterproof camera, but it comes at a pretty steep price.

or you could wait a few weeks till the late September/ early October release of the GoPro hero 8 and see what that brings..

I was looking at a GoPro hero 7 black the other day.. was about to purchase it and at the last second thought “wonder when the GoPro hero 8 black is out”.. so I looked it up and everything points to around late September... that’s only a month and a bit away, so I’m waiting.

I've been using the Hero 7 Black for 2 months now, and the video quality is great, but it's not perfect. I've had many instances where the video starts to stutter, it is finicky about lighting when left in an auto position, and sucks batteries like a starving baby on a teet. Had to buy some off brand back ups from Amazon to be able to use it for more than an hour of shooting. I shoot in 1080 120 fps, which I find is more than satisfactory for amateur video playback. In 4k mode, it gobbles up the battery and the memory card, and isn't so significantly better that it's worth the hassle of repetitive battery changes and a monster memory card. I was using my Samsung S7 before, and if I could find a way to mount it on my head and know that it was pointed in the right direction, I may have stuck with it. The video quality was comparable to the Hero 7 with the settings being the same. In the end, it's nice having a completely waterproof camera, but it comes at a pretty steep price.

@Notorious J - For now, I just bought a Head Strap for my IPhoneX! Here are some of the top 5 head straps for your cell phones:

[B]jondilly1974[/B], [B]Lazy Bushman[/B], [B]Matt74[/B], @Notorious J!
I just ordered off Amazon a #Yoogeer Multi-Function Adjustable Belt Cellphone Selfie Head Mount Strap for Sony Action Cam/Gopro Hero/Cell Phone/iPhone XR XS Max X 8 7 6 Plus and more! I have the PhoneX show it should work pretty well. As soon as i GET it i WILL be uploading a bashing video..

Last edited:
@Notorious J - For now, I just bought a Head Strap for my IPhoneX! Here are some of the top 5 head straps for your cell phones:
I have the head strap for my cel phone, but as I mentioned, it's impossible to know what you're shooting once it's on your head. I made a few videos that way and some had the phone pointed too or low, and a few where it wasn't even seeing the truck. It only works if you have a second person to confirm the phones position, and even then, it's weigh often causes it to move on your head. I also tried mounting the phone to the remote, but you're hands don't follow like your eyes do when rc'ing. My greatest result with the phone was mounting it on a thin pole in one place, but that takes away from the dynamics of the action. With the GoPro I use the baseball cap clip, which alone is much less awkward looking, and I can use the app on my phone to check where the camera is pointing. So now I can see just how bad my driving is in high definition, center of frame. An action cam is a must if you plan on uploading videos for public consumption. Without one, best to bring a second person whenever you can, and have them hold the phone on a selfie stick or similar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back