Kraton Do any of you bashers run/use softcase lipo's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both. My Traxxas Maxx I run only soft case because the compartment is so small no hardcase with decent mah will fit in there.

Soft case here. Seems like a hard case would be good to prevent punctures, but when I screw up, I tend to do a really good job. I doubt it would make much difference. My Mojave has taken some pretty good hits and tumbles and no problems so far with a soft case. I may just be lucky.

Abouts how do you go about with gorilla tape? Like one layer? Just see a lot of comments about using gorilla tape but never seen it.
20201027_201413.jpg

I just single wrapped 3 sides and the end to give it some stability on cartwheels. I have my battery boxes lined with 1/8" red foam flooring underlayment. So far the combo has held up to some pretty heinous abuse
Just one layer of duct tapr, same as gorilla tape. Pure scratch protection as it will do nothing else.
I respect the gorilla far more than the duck....

Soft case for my 6s with foam around it. My 4s hard case and 2s soft and hard haven’t noticed any difference with mine but then again I don’t get to crazy with them.

Any thoughts on how I would connect these dean plugs from lipo battery to IC5 on my esc?

View attachment 106731
I’d either solder new connectors on myself or have the hobby shop do it. You don’t want to run adapters, especially deans!

Deans adapters will fall off every 2 mins and ruin your fun. Learn to solder... or code ??
Damm, looks like I'm adding more soldering training to my list of things to learn. I bought a crap solder gun from harbor freight and it sucks but did some minor things to my motorcycle. Sadly these are 40$ batteries each and if I pay my lhs they will be at least 10 more each. Maybe I'll keep searching for something that's already ic5 besides spektrums.

Damm, looks like I'm adding more soldering training to my list of things to learn. I bought a crap solder gun from harbor freight and it sucks but did some minor things to my motorcycle. Sadly these are 40$ batteries each and if I pay my lhs they will be at least 10 more each. Maybe I'll keep searching for something that's already ic5 besides spektrums.
Lots of choices on Amazon. HRB, PowerHobby, and others there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back