Kraton Do any of you bashers run/use softcase lipo's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
Just out shopping for a couple 3s lipo batteries today and hobbyking has a very nice selection. I'm also aware I could just look through past posts but as time changes new opinions may arise. I've been reading a long and old forum post about test done on lipo's and there actual C rating and seems just as confusing as ever.
So does anyone use soft cased lipo's to bash?

I run soft case all the time and no issues, I launch it and I suck at landing on all 4s so they take a beating. I have never folded or bent them in any way. I do have a thin foam layer glued in my tray though to prevent stone punctures, the stones go into the foam instead (if I ever do get one under the battery). I justt make sure the straps are nice and tight.

Reading it on my laptop. What's the whole end result of that article...most brands of lipo's suck lol
I mean if my 100c 3s spektrum batteries even 100c? Cant find much info on spektrum specs.
You're gunna drive yourself nuts worrying about C ratings. When I tried to research into it I felt like I was sucked into the twilight zone. So much back and forth, so many opinions I just gave up and got what I thought would work and had the most honest reviews. I have my 5000mah 6s 100c from HRB and I have no idea if it is infact 100c or 5000mah but they last forever have great punch and take a beating.

30/70 i make sure they are secure and withfoam in the bottom. I use thicker and wider velcro straps and use 3 instead of 2. If my lipo ever fly out the whole baterry tray will have to fly out with them. Im myself scared when i first bought a few but i knew they were really good budget lipos. I personally wraped mine on gorilla clear a few times

Reading it on my laptop. What's the whole end result of that article...most brands of lipo's suck lol
I mean if my 100c 3s spektrum batteries even 100c? Cant find much info on spektrum specs.
I know, it’s a lot to consume, almost 700 pages worth of knowledge! ?
They are mostly on a quest for the perfect flight packs, however they use some of the same 6s packs we do. It also reveals how drastically inflated the C rating on these batteries are... There are some tables and spreadsheets that help beak it down on the first page which is usually updated with current specs.
Unless your speed running or something any brand will most likely work. You asked about C rating so I thought I’d give you some food for thought. ?

Last edited:
all my 3s packs are soft, most of my 2s and 4s are hard.

Also, FWIW, 99% of Drone and plane packs are soft case, and when my boy crashes his brushless racing drone, the battery goes flying Every. Single. Time. If crashes damaging batteries was a huge issue, seems racing drones would adopt a hard case.

And yeah, according to that thread, 90% of all batteries suck. But, I think the flip side is 90% of RC'ers overs estimate the amps they actually need. If you are not drag racing or speed running, you only need a decent, true 30C pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back