Do electronics lower top speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
Maybe it‘s just me and am I slowly getting used to the top speed, or does adding additional electronics cause lower top speed? Stock it had two light bars (front and back of the roof) and I added two ’search lights’ in the bumper, two 40mm cooling fans and a new 6CH receiver (with gyro), all running from the receiver channels.

Would have to be seriously power hungry LEDS to be noticeable I'd have thought.

If you are experiencing some slow down, its more likely to be lipo or bearings/friction related. IMO..

Did you re-calibrate your ESC when you swapped receivers?

That stuff might draw something in the ballpark of 10 Watts. Even if it is 30, that's not much compared to the motor (which, on a 6s car, will probably draw something like 3,000 Watts).

Did you re-calibrate your ESC when you swapped receivers?
I was unaware of this since the car only needed minor adjustments (EPA) after turning on the new remote/receiver. will look into that. But since a only run in a sandy environment, I’d have to check the bearings. As a matter of fact I already bought new rubber sealed bearings for the wheels and hybrid ceramic bearings for the motor. Was planning to replace them in the winter. Forgot to order bearings for the drivetrain :rolleyes:
The search lights are normal RC lights running 4.8-6V for the receiver. So nothing special there.

thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back