Infraction Do I need a bigger ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Here’s the deal guys. I got an infraction v2 with 4985 HW MAX6. I also am running the big felony tires all around. The motor I think can take it on 8s but the max 6 is heating up. I’ve got good fans too. The MAX5 won’t fit and I ain’t familiar with castle. What do y’all think?

Here’s the deal guys. I got an infraction v2 with 4985 HW MAX6. I also am running the big felony tires all around. The motor I think can take it on 8s but the max 6 is heating up. I’ve got good fans too. The MAX5 won’t fit and I ain’t familiar with castle. What do y’all think?
Mmx8s is alot better than max6 for on road ripping?????you should be able to fit any esc in infraction..imo max series are great off road escz...very tough....Mmx8s and xlx2 are the go to esc for on road ripping...max6 I had my best speed was 100mph..Mmx8s 137 an climbing.

What are you running for gearing? I had the same motor/ESC in my Limitless and couldn't push past 116. It wasn't getting super hot, but that was with standard 100mm Hoons, the 107mm Felony rears add a TON of rotating mass. I'd highly recommend the MMX8S/1717 combo over even the MAX5. Hobbywing limits the power output of their ESCs, castle doesn't

What are you running for gearing? I had the same motor/ESC in my Limitless and couldn't push past 116. It wasn't getting super hot, but that was with standard 100mm Hoons, the 107mm Felony rears add a TON of rotating mass. I'd highly recommend the MMX8S/1717 combo over even the MAX5. Hobbywing limits the power output of their ESCs, castle doesn't
Ok thanks guys.!! So the mmx8s will be better than a MAX6. This is the first on road car I’ve owned. It’s totally different than a off-road set up . Thanks again guys
Ok thanks guys.!! So the mmx8s will be better than a MAX6. This is the first on road car I’ve owned. It’s totally different than a off-road set up . Thanks again guys
Right now I have 22/40 gears in it but I am thinking about putting the stock 46 back in. Ideally I would like to produce a 80 to 90 mile per hour car that can be bashed around for an hour with out overheating
LoL 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back