Kraton Do I need a new arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTSquirrel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Please see pics.

dog bone came out of diff. Driver front. A couple of front end wheelies and hard braking was all that was happening when it let go.
Just wondering if you think lower arm is stripped or I can glue and re insert ball.
apparently, it looks like I need to loosen both balls to get the dog bone back in?
Any advice on how this happened or to prevent from happening again is appreciated.

best place for parts that actually have parts in stock?

thanks!

TTS

Attachments

• ED15D514-5FF6-4925-8DA3-06CA09D9C4FA.jpeg
    ED15D514-5FF6-4925-8DA3-06CA09D9C4FA.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 26F2F571-D817-4118-B2E8-6DA2E17C7B09.jpeg
    26F2F571-D817-4118-B2E8-6DA2E17C7B09.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 69
Please see pics.

dog bone came out of diff. Driver front. A couple of front end wheelies and hard braking was all that was happening when it let go.
Just wondering if you think lower arm is stripped or I can glue and re insert ball.
apparently, it looks like I need to loosen both balls to get the dog bone back in?
Any advice on how this happened or to prevent from happening again is appreciated.

best place for parts that actually have parts in stock?

thanks!

TTS
Common issue with my Arrma Typhon 6S Kraton 6s and Outcast 6s. I try to put some of that tape that you use on water pipes to prevent leaking (I forgot the name) around the threads and re tighten them but it doesn't seem to help much. I also removed the spacers in there (spacer between end of arm and pivot ball) since some people say that helps too. So that's that. I always have to re tighten those parts after and during hard driving and jumping. That's why I always have my power tools and hand tools with me. I take my wheels off quickly with my impact driver re tighten and go again. It gets to a point that the threads on the arms strip out and a new arm needs to be installed. I go with RPM arms for my Outcast and Kraton (they don't make it for the Typhon), which seem stronger, but that issue happens even with those arms. I get most my parts off ebay TBH. I also have a great LHS. Good luck! I'm sure others have better solutions than what I mentioned ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back