Outcast Do I need a servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Mc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, I recently put in HR pivot balls and new stock rod ends on my Outcast 4S hoping to eliminate some steering slop. It helped some, but I still have enough slop to not allow my steering to stay centered, preventing me from hitting my wooden ramps right on. I took the servo out and found that the servo saver was the root of the slop. I took it out and now I'm straight as an arrow. I'm running the Hexfly 25kg servo. I like how responsive the truck is now, but I'd like to drive away from the construction site tomorrow with steering. What should I do? How bad/risky is it to run without a saver?

Hey guys, I recently put in HR pivot balls and new stock rod ends on my Outcast 4S hoping to eliminate some steering slop. It helped some, but I still have enough slop to not allow my steering to stay centered, preventing me from hitting my wooden ramps right on. I took the servo out and found that the servo saver was the root of the slop. I took it out and now I'm straight as an arrow. I'm running the Hexfly 25kg servo. I like how responsive the truck is now, but I'd like to drive away from the construction site tomorrow with steering. What should I do? How bad/risky is it to run without a saver?
I would run a Kimbrough servo saver like this one https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrough-large-small-end-servo-saver-kim123/p123009
@razorrc posted someplace around here another Kimbrough servo saver that works but needs to be trimmed down but I can't remember which one it was.

Anyone know the difference between the 123 and the 124 kimbrough servo savers?

Thanks guys! I guess I'll just be using a stock spare saver for the time being till I get the Kimbrough.

I ran this one -- https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbro...ver-universal-spline-connector-1-kim124/p4584

It's the strongest one Kimbrough makes, just gotta trim that rectangle into a triangle.
Razor,could you show a picture of saver and which spline and hole did you use.

I have Kimbrough you suggest but I'm new to this and not sure how to mount saver to new 25kg servo I put in Big Rock today so I put original back in. Also put in HR bell rank and pivot balls today. Any help appreciated . Thanks Razor.

Last edited:
Razor,could you show a picture of saver and which spline and hole did you use.

I have Kimbrough you suggest but I'm new to this and not sure how to mount saver to new 25kg servo I put in Big Rock today so I put original back in. Also put in HR bell rank and pivot balls today. Any help appreciated . Thanks Razor.

Not @razorrc but I put the the Kimbrough 124 in my Granite. They come with three splines 23t 24t and 25t which mine were not labeled. I just used the spline spline that fit without forcing it on. Then trimmed it to a triangle a little more than needed but works. I just used a 3mm locknut on the other side after I drilled a hole a little smaller than 3mm and threaded the stock 3mm bolt in.

oyKfVac.jpg

Not @razorrc but I put the the Kimbrough 124 in my Granite. They come with three splines 23t 24t and 25t which mine were not labeled. I just used the spline spline that fit without forcing it on. Then trimmed it to a triangle a little more than needed but works. I just used a 3mm locknut on the other side after I drilled a hole a little smaller than 3mm and threaded the stock 3mm bolt in.

oyKfVac.jpg

oyKfVac.jpg
Thanks CB I put the arrma savor back on but will try your way. Only thing is I have it mounted facing 9 o'clock position instead of6 olock. Seems to work fine but I want to try your way. Thanks again.

Thanks CB I put the arrma savor back on but will try your way. Only thing is I have it mounted facing 9 o'clock position instead of6 olock. Seems to work fine but I want to try your way. Thanks again.

Power on the car with the servo connected (and trims set to zero) to center the servo, then put the servo saver on at the 9 o'clock position. There's instructions imprinted on that electronics box.

If you don’t mind swapping servos every other jump, run it naked ???

Kimbrough 124 FTW
I've been using these.
The servo saver always ends up weakening the steering and adding too much slop. Because the Dubro 670's are plastic, if you have an upgraded servo (something above 30-35kg), the horn will break long before the gears will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back