Kraton Do I Need A Y-Adapter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrymReaper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just ordered the Yeah Racing dual fans for the Kraton because I added some weight and tossed in a bigger pinion and the motor gets a little hotter than I'd like.

Do I need a Y-adapter to run the fans or will it plug directly into the receiver? I have a V3 Kraton.

They are going to come from Hong Kong, that might take a while lol. Anything comparable on Amazon or a US warehouse.

Haha yea says shipping from China
Ahhh those are perfect thanks, I'm assuming there is an empty slot in the receiver....I haven't opened since i picked up the kraton

Last edited:
I use a splitter like mongoose linked. I like it. Less wires I have to try and cram into the receiver box. But I have been told by the guy at my lhs you can trim the red jst Male plugs to make the fit in your receiver. The dual yeah racing fans pack a punch for how big they are. I really like them.

Haha yea says shipping from China
Ahhh those are perfect thanks, I'm assuming there is an empty slot in the receiver....I haven't opened since i picked up the kraton

Yeah, just plug into channel 3.

cut one wire and splice into the other one less wires = better and less mess

I would but man it’s just so much easier this way.

I use a splitter like mongoose linked. I like it. Less wires I have to try and cram into the receiver box. But I have been told by the guy at my lhs you can trim the red jst Male plugs to make the fit in your receiver. The dual yeah racing fans pack a punch for how big they are. I really like them.

Which splitter are you using? The first or second link?

Second one that was linked to ebay.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 55
So I am still all spun around as I am new to wiring in RCs even though I could wire the insides of a PC w/ my eyes shut.

So after installing the HS and Fan, plug the two male leads coming off the fans into a Y splitter and then plug the male end into an available channel on the receiver.

Also, if anyone could help me find something that does not ship from China and can be here before August would be helpful lol.

So I am still all spun around as I am new to wiring in RCs even though I could wire the insides of a PC w/ my eyes shut.

So after installing the HS and Fan, plug the two male leads coming off the fans into a Y splitter and then plug the male end into an available channel on the receiver.

Also, if anyone could help me find something that does not ship from China and can be here before August would be helpful lol.
Looks like the Amazon link above is Prime

The yeah fans use J.S.T. rcy male connectors.

If you are going to use any splitter use the one @Mongoose and @Erstadw mentioned above which is correct.

it is cheaper and cleaner just to cut the jst connectors off of the yeah fans and just splice them together to a jr/futaba male extension lead and use shrink tubing. especially if you have any dead or old servos - just cut the lead off.

Alright you convinced me, I like my PC wires nicey-nice......so basically just do like your pic in the post you linked too....easy enough.

Unfortunately I do not have any dead servos, although I believe my Kraton stock Servo is going to go any day now lol.

While I probably don't need 10, is this what I would need: LINK HERE

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back