Kraton Do I need to dispose of my Lipo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tskluzak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi Guys,

I have a 4S Lipo that has one cell dropping really low. Went out to drive and and LPV today. 3 of the cells were at 3.8 and 1 cell was at 3.47. Tries to put it in storage mode and the low cell is slowly going up. After an hour and a half it’s up to 3.63. Not sure if I am wasting my time here to save it or should I just plan on disposing of it? Also when it comes to testing the difference in voltage of multi cell LIPO’s, what is a good rule of thumb to know if it’s a good battery or not?

If you have dropped a cell then you won't recover it. Some of they guys here keep their old batteries (where they haven't started to swell) and use the good bits are part including de-soldering and re-soldering cells. I don't not because it is a bad idea, just that I don't like keeping stuff hanging about for "one day when I might need it". I have enough of that cluttering my shed as it is.

I would try a couple of charge /discharge to storage cycles and see what happens.
Noticed when I try to charge it that same cell that is lower then the others, starts charging faster then the others in the pack. It like jumps from 3.73-3.88 while the others are only at 3.81.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back