Do I win a prize?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Has anyone else managed to break a Sun gear into 4 pieces with a pin in 3??
20190908_201111.jpg

Has anyone else managed to break a Sun gear into 4 pieces with a pin in 3??View attachment 47843
Wish I had saved my collection of them. At least four this summer, and about three pins. Really crappy part is that when this starts to happen, the outdrive shaft gets burred and doesn't want to come out of the gear/cup. I've had to use a punch to get out a few so I could save the cup/gear, but there was no way to reuse the outdrive.

Yep, did that on front and rear diffs on my Kraton, before I started shimming them properly. No more breakages since.

Wish I had saved my collection of them. At least four this summer, and about three pins. Really crappy part is that when this starts to happen, the outdrive shaft gets burred and doesn't want to come out of the gear/cup. I've had to use a punch to get out a few so I could save the cup/gear, but there was no way to reuse the outdrive.
Yep, was pounding the poop outa it to get that cup out, had a complete other diff, except for the spur, which was the one with 4 bad teeth. So I had to get that cup out. On the plus side I found out Team Associated RC8B3.1E diff gaskets are an exact match. Nice?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back