Do NOT buy ZOP Power LiPo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAITvsk Racing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
I share my experience with ZOP Power LiPO batteries.

It all started on Dec / 19/2020 I bought from Banggood.com ZOP Power 14.8V 5000mAh 60C 4S Lipo Battery

Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 16.36.03.png

The goods arrived on 2020-12-30 and at the beginning I was satisfied with the purchase. The batteries were decent and I also rated 5+ on BANGGOOD .com

Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 16.38.28.png

But everything changed earlier this month in 2021-06 when the battery started to swell. The battery is beautifully stored and always charged with a Balance charger.
Currently, the condition of the battery is very poor and dangerous. There is also a ZOP POWER type error written about it in this forum:

[IMG alt="MacSpacey"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14681.jpg?1584463103[/IMG]

MacSpacey

Well-Known Member:​

Hello there people that are kind and full of knowledge. I come here today to ask for help amd information about the LIPO Battery's from ZOP which you can buy from Banggood for such low prices and even some guys on YouTube are bashing with em and all that I've heard about them is that they work perfectly fine. But is it perfectly fine for the price they are, or are they just perfectly fine all around? Because I am not sure what to expect from a battery pack that if I would go to my local hobby store and I buy a gensacearespammers 5000mAH 50C 3s LIPO for €50.- ( in dollars it would be $ 57.30) and I see what a ZOP would cost same 5000 mAh 50C discharge rate 3s LIPO, IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE

Adamj804

Well-Known Member​

I heard they are awful. I guy just did a video on YT about how they puffed after a week of use.

[IMG alt="slick2500"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/4/4238.jpg?1552195781[/IMG]

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.​

I had some, and as @Adamj804 said they were awful. Cells were beyond mismatched, it would take 2 hours to balance them, after a run the voltages were all over the place, packs would swell and get hot. Trust me when I tell you this those batteries are cheap for a reason, they have zero qc, the cells are mismatched within the packs, the C rate isn't anywhere close to what they are advertised as and the capacity of the packs is also never close to what is on the pack.

[IMG alt="suchtragedy"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/14/14226.jpg?1584510499[/IMG]

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq​

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor

I bought a pair of 4s 4500 mAh/45c with bangood points and a coupon code a few weeks ago. In the end I paid 30 bucks after discounts and for 30 bucks I was willing to gamble on it lmao. They haven't come in yet but when they do I can report back my thoughts.

[IMG alt="Camaroboy383"]https://www.arrmaforum.com/data/avatars/m/12/12257.jpg?1568759521[/IMG]

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!​

Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award

Build Thread Contributor

i bought 6 2s packs for my crawler, i had very similar results as @slick2500.. 4200 mah packs that never took above 3400 back in.. and that number got worse and worse as the weeks went on.. 4 out of the 6 are no good after 2 months, the other 2 are almosy dead as well.. one will take in 2800 + or - and the other takes in 2400 + or -... keep in mind these were run in a crawler, i cant imagine putting them into something that draws good amperage...

--------------------------------
I do not recommend buying Zop Power batteries.

I bought two batteries and both have exactly the same problem.

Suitable for low power car. Not for XRAY XB8e.

Rather, invest in more expensive batteries. And keep an eye on your current ZopPower batteries. Or if you don't have them, don't buy either ...

I'm disappointed

1624110117272.gif

I've always been leary of buying Lipos from Banggood, gearbest, or Aliexpress.

I've got a couple 3S 5200mAh examples on their way. See how it goes!

I've had great luck with Zeee batteries.
Zeee batteries have been great for me, and they are relatively inexpensive. I have quite a few of them in both 2s and 3s, in various mAh ratings, and with various connector types, and they have never failed me. I've had some for over a year now with multiple cycles on them.

At least get some Turnigys. A buddy cheaped out on batteries and got some from banggood, they worked ok for about 2 cycles and lost almost all capacity in the next 2.

I miss my HD 5000mah 60c 6s brick. It was a sad day when it got smashed :( I really should pick up another one. I picked up a couple of the Rhino 5000mah 6s, they are alright they don't have quite the same performance and they are quite a bit larger than the HD.

All batteries can swell and no one will give you a refund when they do. I take the best care of my batteries that I can and I have seen gens-ace-r-spam, power hobby, SMC, etc swell.

I’ve gotten a few zeee and some hovoo from amazon and the only issue I have had is the 4s zeee batteries don’t seem to have the pop that the 2 and 3s ones have the hovoo batteries have all been great

The name alone will keep me from buying them.

I'm a big fan of Goldbat batteries. I've been using them from 2s - 4s for well over a year now in all my RC's with no issues.

I get them cheap from Amazon.
I have a set of the Champion series 2s 5200mah 100c and so far I like them.

Is this one of those let me buy one of those cheap lipo batteries and complain about how crappy it is?

Is this one of those let me buy one of those cheap lipo batteries and complain about how crappy it is?
He probably got duped by one of the many Youtubers who got the batteries for free from Banggood that said they were awesome and amazing batteries.

Damn those cost more than the Turnigy HD brick. How is that a budget lipo?
Compared to SMC or TGPs, they are budget for me. They are neck and neck in quality too.

He probably got duped by one of the many Youtubers who got the batteries for free from Banggood that said they were awesome and amazing batteries.

One of the recommenders was Kevin Talbot. And good scores in Banggood
Yes, true. But I warn others

I've talked to both claire and pat in live chat on their videos and they both admitted they are crap. KT gets stuff for free from bangood.

Unfortunately, he is not like that. It was also a lesson for me

Nor if the sponsors can't talk badly about the product.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back