Vorteks Do Traxxas Rustler shocks for Vorteks??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlduling3

Reaction score
I keep popping off the cheap Vorteks Mega shocks. I want upgrades for both my kids' Vorteks. Will Traxxas Rustler shocks fit? Or any tougher suggestions?

I keep popping off the cheap Vorteks Mega shocks. I want upgrades for both my kids' Vorteks. Will Traxxas Rustler shocks fit? Or any tougher suggestions?

I replaced mine with some Traxxas big bore shocks on the front for the same reason. I kept the original arrma shocks on the back because they seem to damp better (and I never had the back caps pop off).
The replacement on the front was a little bit of a pain due to the bottom side bushings on the traxxas shock being fatter. I fixed this by using a file to widen the slot where the shock screw is. This will make sense when you see it... but the short answer is yes, they will work.

I don't remember if I got "rustlers" or not.... but they are white and the same size as the original arrma shox.

hope this helps!

I replaced mine with some Traxxas big bore shocks on the front for the same reason. I kept the original Arrma shocks on the back because they seem to damp better (and I never had the back caps pop off).
The replacement on the front was a little bit of a pain due to the bottom side bushings on the traxxas shock being fatter. I fixed this by using a file to widen the slot where the shock screw is. This will make sense when you see it... but the short answer is yes, they will work.

I don't remember if I got "rustlers" or not.... but they are white and the same size as the original Arrma shox.

hope this helps!
Do you have a part number for these shocks? Or a measurement from center to center!

Last edited:
PN..... TRA5862
Awesome.... My LHS and I came up with these but they didn't have any in stock to compare to... Didnt want to put out the money to ha e them order them just to "try and see if they fit".... I believe the rears are just a little longer but shouldn't make a difference!...... Thnx for the info

The Traxxas Ultra and Big Bore shocks for the Slash (and others) should be 100mm eye-to-eye whereas the Arrma 1/10 scale rear shocks are 98mm. You can easily make adjustments to handle the extra 2mm however. Shorter rod ends is one option or you can put 2mm of spacers inside the shock below the piston head to keep the shock shaft from extending fully. I have Traxxas Ultras on the rear of my Granite and they have been solid. I used to pop the red caps all the time with my stock Arrma shocks.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back