Do wings make a difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKeif

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Outcast 8s
A lot of RC's have wings on them. Do they make a difference when bashing?

When bashing very heavy rigs I say No real advantage.
I feel they add protection though, to the rear shock towers. Primary function.
Anything On road, at speeds approaching 50+ mph , yea, a wing can work for you if trimmed properly and of the right size and shape.
Track rigs use them. They are much lighter for the most part. So rear down force can be an advantage.

Thank you. I have always removed mine just making sure I was not hindering anything.

I have run without a wing and it felt as if it didnt handle as well. although it could have been in my head :unsure:
I have ripped my wing right off bashing, I kept going. There was no difference. Just that I did bend my rear shock tower as a result :LOL:.
Big air or not, it does nothing for aero.. If anything THR input, rotation controls big air. The Arrma Wings were designed for looks and protection, Not Aero designed IMHO. Look at ROAR spec'ed wings. They are more uniform and similarly designed with Aero in mind for functionality. They also break more easily.
Hey, I am willing to be proved wrong.:unsure: Maybe one could split hairs on this topic.

My Tekno MT410 basher came with no Wing. It runs great as is. I could add one from a Tekno 1/8 Truggy if I wanted to.

Last edited:
Good I'll keep doing what I have been doing

5nnmqho1zq701.jpg

need i say more?

I have ripped my wing right off bashing, I kept going. There was no difference. Just that I did bend my rear shock tower as a result :LOL:.
Big air or not, it does nothing for aero.. If anything THR input, rotation controls big air. The Arrma Wings were designed for looks and protection, Not Aero designed IMHO. Look at ROAR spec'ed wings. They are more uniform and similarly designed with Aero in mind for functionality. They also break more easily.
Hey, I am willing to be proved wrong.:unsure: Maybe one could split hairs on this topic.

My Tekno MT410 basher came with no Wing. It runs great as is. I could add one from a Tekno 1/8 Truggy if I wanted to.

A wing on trucks like the Notorious or Granite definitely have an effect on in-air handling, but not the one people expect. The wing shifts the center of drag and changes its in-air handling and dynamic flight. A talented driver can definitely tell the difference in jumping if the wing is ripped off mid run, but having it on or off is so much personal preference as with stunt trucks it doesn't so much improve or reduce performance, but rather changes it, and it is up to the driver to decide which feel they like better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back