Do you ever feel weird...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015GTRBE

Patrick Bateman ?
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Talion
I think most of us are adults in here, so do you ever feel weird going out in a public area to go run your RC? Did you ever?

I used to feel super weird in my 20s if my son wasn’t around. Now I’m 40 and he is 17 and he won’t be caught dead with me so I find myself going to secluded places. I am not as weird about it these days, guess when you get older you get to give a few less F—-ks. What about you? Be honest.

I do feel weird going to public places and running my car, I just turned 20 years old. Doesn't matter to me though, everyone loves the car and can't keep their eyes off of it when I'm jumping 10+ feet. Everyone who has passed by my area asked what the car is and how much it costs. I've even had somebody offer me $300 for my brand new big rock after they saw it perform. Anyways, do you and have fun, don't worry about other people!

I think it’s more or less when I don’t feel like socializing when I feel that way. Other times no issues but don’t like lots of people getting in the way. These things have shin breaking capabilities ya know?

I cant bring myself to buy a gopro with a head mount, it will happen sooner or later,LOL...
Yep, me either. I feel goofy enough being a 43yo dude wandering about the park or skate park with a camera hanging from my neck and a toy truck buzzing around.

For some reason though, I feel less goofy when I'm out running nitro.

Yep, me either. I feel goofy enough being a 43yo dude wandering about the park or skate park with a camera hanging from my neck and a toy truck buzzing around.

For some reason though, I feel less goofy when I'm out running nitro.

Nitro and Gas always feels like less of a toy, I run 1/5th scale and I definitely feel more adult with them and I’m pretty sure most others feel the same way because the 1/5th scales don’t drive nearly as well as 1/8th.

OH! I thought you meant in General ? Yes everyday but as far as running my Rc's in public- No Never -Most people see that I'm having a
Great time and a few people even stop and ask questions - even hot girls! :) But I'm 60 so they're all hot!! :p
Took the Wife to a local park to run My DHK Zombie 8e about 2 month ago- I took 2 x 3S & a 4S and within 10 minutes there were 10 or 12
people around us Ha! This one couple had 3 kids & their Dad seemed real interested & kids where chasing my truck or trying to :LOL: Next thing we know Kids Mom & Dad were Gone o_O they just disappeared and left a 3 yr.old little boy, a Sister 5, & Big Brother almost 7 for over 20-30 minutes! OMG!
I was an Old pervert with a " Toy " for all They Knew - WTFWTT??? We Still don't know were Parent's went ? And I damn sure would've asked
or more like " Told Off " but they only got close enough to yell for they're own children?? DAMNNNN!!!

This is a very good question.

I guess, for me, I have always been a big kid who likes his toys. It does not get weird until they ask how much one those things costs? When you tell another adult you paid $500 for a toy car, and they see you have more than one....... It can get a little weird IMO.

If only they knew I also have 2 custom built ($$) Gaming Computers, complete with gaming chairs, that my Wife and I play (Rocket League) on together Nightly! LOL

Life is too short not to do what ya want!!! That's how I feel at least!

Note The kids also have gaming computers, just not quite on the same level as the one I built ;)

OH! I thought you meant in General ? Yes everyday but as far as running my Rc's in public- No Never -Most people see that I'm having a
Great time and a few people even stop and ask questions - even hot girls! :) But I'm 60 so they're all hot!! :p
Took the Wife to a local park to run My DHK Zombie 8e about 2 month ago- I took 2 x 3S & a 4S and within 10 minutes there were 10 or 12
people around us Ha! This one couple had 3 kids & their Dad seemed real interested & kids where chasing my truck or trying to :LOL: Next thing we know Kids Mom & Dad were Gone o_O they just disappeared and left a 3 yr.old little boy, a Sister 5, & Big Brother almost 7 for over 20-30 minutes! OMG!
I was an Old pervert with a " Toy " for all They Knew - WTFWTT??? We Still don't know were Parent's went ? And I damn sure would've asked
or more like " Told Off " but they only got close enough to yell for they're own children?? DAMNNNN!!!

Well obviously anyone older than 15 with an RC is a little weird :)

This is a very good question.

I guess, for me, I have always been a big kid who likes his toys. It does not get weird until they ask how much one those things costs? When you tell another adult you paid $500 for a toy car, and they see you have more than one....... It can get a little weird IMO.

If only they knew I also have 2 custom built ($$) Gaming Computers, complete with gaming chairs, that my Wife and I play (Rocket League) on together Nightly! LOL

Life is too short not to do what ya want!!! That's how I feel at least!

Note The kids also have gaming computers, just not quite on the same level as the one I built ;)

Well gaming is super mainstream now a days. It’s far from weird

Well gaming is super mainstream now a days. It’s far from weird

It has become more mainstream, but I still go a bit overboard. :rolleyes:

Edit - My cables don't look like that anymore!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_181452.jpg
    IMG_20180707_181452.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 96
It has become more mainstream, but I still go a bit overboard. :rolleyes:

Edit - My cables don't look like that anymore!!
That’s very nice bro. I’m not much of a gamer like I was as a kid, I own all the systems but I never want to finish a game. Last game I finished was the first Assasins Creed and I banged it out in one night and sold it on eBay the next day for what I paid lol. That was probably 2008? 2009? Something like that.

I am a big devil may cry/ Zelda/ and Castlevania fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back