Do you ever feel weird...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But for the most part I take one of my rigs with me wherever I go just because there might be that ultimate bash spot
It took my wife a couple of months until until she got used to it (i restarted the hobby about a year ago) Nowadays when i leave without any cars she reminds me to take one with us - or two -> one for her to drive ;-)

I guess I care less these days than I used to... I just spent 20 minutes testing some changes in my eJato in my parking lot. Was intending on bashing today, but woke with a migraine and couldn't stand the light. It finally let up a bit, so I went outside in my shorts, house slippers and a jacket to run up and down the street and in the parking lot. It's 27F outside... not sure if people were watching because of a 40mph+ vehicle zipping around or of the crazy guy in shorts.

Either way, I was happy!

Exactly, some people enjoy RC and others enjoy scratching their butt and sniffing their fingers. Everyone does at least something that can be seen as “wierd” so why even worry about it....at least I don’t scratch my butt and sniff my fingers lol

Me and my buddies rip these pit bikes around town all summer idk what would be more weird seeing a 25yo driving rc or riding these with his buddies lol biker gang but I'm 25 so idk if that makes it any better maybe? But who cares you only get one life no one is gonna be in their grave thinking what a wierd 40yo playing with a toy lol live life who cares what anyone thinks ps i need to take my own advice??

Attachments

• 15528361141043359599746016471046.jpg
    15528361141043359599746016471046.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 43
Some people will think that it is a bit childish using R/c vehicles but doesn't that make them the childish ones as they don't have the maturity to see that everybody is different and has fun in different ways or enjoys different things?

I have felt weird at times in the past getting an R/c vehicle out to use as an adult but then why should I. It's my life so as long as I'm not harming others why shouldn't I do what I want. I just get on with it now (almost 40 years old FYI). ;)

Me and my buddies rip these pit bikes around town all summer idk what would be more weird seeing a 25yo driving rc or riding these with his buddies lol biker gang but I'm 25 so idk if that makes it any better maybe? But who cares you only get one life no one is gonna be in their grave thinking what a wierd 40yo playing with a toy lol live life who cares what anyone thinks ps i need to take my own advice??

Pit bikes is not the same.... you don’t look like a child, people view it as annoying if anything. Brapping through your neighborhood usually gets no love

I’m the resident a-hole with the 1/5th scales tearing up the street and the beach so I know ?

Pit bikes is not the same.... you don’t look like a child, people view it as annoying if anything. Brapping through your neighborhood usually gets no love
I think people still freak out like wow look at the big dude on that little bike how ridiculous it's still embarrassing to someone that cares lol. Im gonna pm you real quick about another topic i had a quick question u might be able to answer

Had a police officer pull up next to me while I was doing 70 mph speed runs with my Talion v3... and he asked me how fast does that thing go? (instead of the usual.. Do you know how fast you where speeding ?) I looked at him and said well I'm running 6s and I installed my 20 tooth pinion so according to my calculations it's currently running the legal speed limit of 70 mph on the Florida turnpike. He laughed and said no way. I said you want to place a wager? He then proceeded to get his speed gun and clocked me doing 70+ on four passes. The wager I won was if he ever caught me speeding on my Z06 corvette that was parked beside me he was going to give me a warning pass. True story I kid you not. We exchanged numbers and I told him if your ever interested in getting in to this addiction let me know and I'll try to help him out in anyway I can. Shout out to officer Riley..

Last edited:
Had a police officer pull up next to me while I was doing 70 mph speed runs with my Talion v3... and he asked me how fast does that thing go? (instead of the usual.. Do you know how fast you where speeding ?) I looked at him and said well I'm running 6s and I installed my 20 tooth pinion so according to my calculations it's currently running the legal speed limit of 70 mph on the Florida turnpike. He laughed and said no way. I said you want to place a wager? He then proceeded to get his speed gun and clocked me doing 70+ on four passes. The wager I won was if he ever caught me speeding on my 2016 corvette that was parked beside me he was going to give me a warning pass. True story I kid you not. We exchanged numbers and I told him if your ever interested in getting in to this addiction let me know and I'll try to help him out in anyway I can.
See not all cops are jerks.

Depends on my mood that day... some days I feel like a weirdo, some days IDGAF. But then again, it's the same without my RC :)

It definitely feels more comfortable when there's a bunch of us crawling or bashing.

One weird thing - I/we get most reactions from old ladies. Go figure. Even the kids are rarely as interested as yer 60+ year old pensioner lady.

Depends on my mood that day... some days I feel like a weirdo, some days IDGAF. But then again, it's the same without my RC :)

It definitely feels more comfortable when there's a bunch of us crawling or bashing.

One weird thing - I/we get most reactions from old ladies. Go figure. Even the kids are rarely as interested as yer 60+ year old pensioner lady.

It’s definately less weird when you are with someone else. Here in NYC, RC people don’t really look like RC people so it’s kinda weird sometimes when I see someone running their truck at a park and they can look super preppy or the flip side, super hood lol. It’s especially weird seeing a dude that looks like a wanna be thug driving a toy car, but hey it shows that all kinds of people come out of the woodwork to drive RC.

If anyone was looking at me in a weird way before, wait til they see me with this contraption on my head?

Attachments

• 20190318_121531.jpg
    20190318_121531.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 44
If anyone was looking at me in a weird way before, wait til they see me with this contraption on my head?

Hi

You think that gets funny looks, I do my recording with a Canon Powershot S5IS mid size camera mounted on a modified camera head mount strap. I get really strange looks wearing that.

Attachments

• Canon_2077B001_Powershot_S5_IS_Digital_495623.jpg
    Canon_2077B001_Powershot_S5_IS_Digital_495623.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 46
Hi

You think that gets funny looks, I do my recording with a Canon Powershot S5IS mid size camera mounted on a modified camera head mount strap. I get really strange looks wearing that.

The things people do to not have to pay for a go pro ?. You must look like the final form of the worlds ultimate Asian tourist

I see what you've asking and maby a few times long ago. But don't feel that way today. As an adult I'm never hesitate or embarrassed to run my "toys". Don't care what others think, they are the ones missing out on this great hobby and will go to their grave never having experienced the power of RC. Their ignorance is stupidity.

We spend great sums of our money and time enjoying what we love and have the right to enjoy it whenever and wherever we please without judgment.

Usually when I rip in public or even around the house people are drawn to what I'm doing. They come by asking tons of questions and I always encourage them to get involved in RC.

Come one guys, what we do is amazing with all this sophisticated equipment and technology we pilot. There's no room for us to ever feel wierd. If a hot chick walks by and gives you that school boy look.....forget her....you probably wouldn't get to first base anyway!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back