Kraton Do you prefer 2-3s or 1-6s lipo for your 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
This is probably a duplicate thread but since search wont allow “one” ” 3s” “two” or ”6s” here we are haha.

Just wondering what the majority preferred method of powering 6s rigs is. I had 3s packs already from granite and Senton so I started with those, but think I’d like a single 6s instead besides the list of cons. Downsides are they’re expensive, seem to come in lower mah, not downward(3s-4s) compatable, and not nearly as available in hardcase. Pros are for what I’m looking at $15 more I get two runs(2x6s batts $115 vs 1 run from 2-3s $99) and fitment is way easier. So what say you.

As you have mentioned if you have other rigs that take 3s then that's a good option, but the convenience and size of the 6s batteries are good they fit nice and snug without having to squeeze the two packs in.

I like xt150 connectors for the reason you can run two packs without a Y lead and then when I run a single pack I don't need the loop connector.

I have no rigs that run 3s, so I went for simplicity. I would rather worry about one battery than worry about 2 so I run 6s only. I even removed the extra connector so I don't have to worry about having the jumper in one of the connectors.

2x3s is the best option. If you damage one you're not out so much money. You damage your 6s battery and you're sol
I'd be concerned about matching batteries if you didn't have a pair that were bought at similar time, I would think that running an old battery with a new one with different internal resistance could cause some damage to one or both of the batteries.

3x 3s batteries since i share it with my revo. Plus a lot cheaper to buy 2x 2s batteries than 1 6s battery

I'd be concerned about matching batteries if you didn't have a pair that were bought at similar time, I would think that running an old battery with a new one with different internal resistance could cause some damage to one or both of the batteries.
This. It's recommended not to use and "older" battery with a new one due to wanting the cells to drop at around the same pace. With an older battery it could go quicker than the new one and could cause issues.

For me, it's mainly a convenience thing now. I have six 3s batteries with two 3s rigs and I'll have two 6s rigs soon so I bought four 6s batteries. It's just easier to put one battery in and not have to worry about two bouncing around in there....which, i know i know, it really doesn't if strapped down well lol The cost difference betwwen two 3s batts and one 6s batt is about $10 so it's really down to convenience and matching 3s batteries if thats the route you go.

Now that I look at my amazon account, Hoovo has two 3s 6000mah batts for $70. I bought my Hoovo 6s 6000mah batt for $75. So $5 difference. Only made sense to get the 6s.

One 6S LiPo for me - unless it's an all road and then I'll use 2 3S to balance things out weight-wise. When running 6S, make sure your charger can supply enough power to charge at a decent rate.

I don’t run anything more than 6s even in my 8s rigs. But in answer to your question I run 6s in my 6s rigs

This. It's recommended not to use and "older" battery with a new one due to wanting the cells to drop at around the same pace. With an older battery it could go quicker than the new one and could cause issues.

For me, it's mainly a convenience thing now. I have six 3s batteries with two 3s rigs and I'll have two 6s rigs soon so I bought four 6s batteries. It's just easier to put one battery in and not have to worry about two bouncing around in there....which, i know i know, it really doesn't if strapped down well lol The cost difference betwwen two 3s batts and one 6s batt is about $10 so it's really down to convenience and matching 3s batteries if thats the route you go.

Now that I look at my amazon account, Hoovo has two 3s 6000mah batts for $70. I bought my Hoovo 6s 6000mah batt for $75. So $5 difference. Only made sense to get the 6s.
I’ve got 2 6200mah hoovo that are awesome, last night I ordered 2 7200mah 3s and 2 5200mah 6s because I couldn’t decide which way to go, And now we’re here haha.

I’ve got 2 6200mah hoovo that are awesome, last night I ordered 2 7200mah 3s and 2 5200mah 6s because I couldn’t decide which way to go, And now we’re here haha.
awesome! I also bought the twopack 5200 6s hoovo since they ran out of the 6000's just after I had ordered 2 of those as well lol They seem to be quality and balance well so far

I only run my 6s trucks in pairs, but more out of necessity than choice. My ERBEv2 and Savage Flux HP use 2 packs with smaller battery bays. I do always run them in the same pairs I bought them in, charge them in parallel in the same pairs and switch which is connected to + on the esc when I remember as I use them to try and keep the "wear" of the lipo's similar. I label the packs I buy with the date and A/B/C/D when I get them. I use a layer of scotch tape, write on it, then put another layer of tape over it to protect the writing.

When one pack drops a cell, I no longer use either of the pair together or with any other pack. As it is, I now run 4S in my smaller trucks, so when one of my 3S packs drops a cell, I take the pair apart and make a 4S pack to get more life out of them. Before I started running 4S, I'd deplete the bad pack and use the other of the pair on my small trucks until it died. Now it's a bit more work since I have to build a 4S pack out of what I have left.

I have 3s and 6s batts. I prefer using the single 6s because it’s less fiddling around I have to do with connectors and making sure all the wires are tucked safely.

Well yea. Was under the assumption he's going to buy the batteries soon if he's asking this question

2x3s is the best option. If you damage one you're not out so much money. You damage your 6s battery and you're sol
You said if you damage one your not out so much money, I was just highlighting that this is OK if you damage one very early on, but I wouldn't be relying on having a pair of batteries for a year or so then only buying one to replace a damaged one, you're asking for trouble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back