Kraton Do you prefer 2-3s or 1-6s lipo for your 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ This.
Single 6s brick.
Just more practical for many more reasons than using 2 x3s's.
When I buy a new rig, I always buy 2 more dedicated lipos for it. If it has a singe tray I use a single brick. Fit wise is better and actually less of a chance for damage from ejecting when bashing hard.
I wont use my 3s's except in a saddle config with my Infr, And Lim.
I have 25 lipos here. So I do collect them across all my rigs.
I vouch this route as well. Buy once cry once.
I would prefer to avoid mix matching my lipos. It’s messy and just plain lazy imo. #teamsinglepack. Your system will be more efficient with an easier current path. Allowing you to go faster while staying cooler. Less parts to fail. And you have the price of mind that you won’t puff a lipo/ruin your investment due your dual pack set up having two different TIR values. I don’t like to play with fire whilst riding that very thin line of extreme performance. That being said run what you brung

I run a single 4s or 2x3s in my Kraton. I run the Spektrum Smart batteries and they don't make a hard case 6s. 2x3s also fits fine in my Kraton even with added cushioning foam. I tape the 3s batteries together with a little bit of electrical tape and I only run them together. I figure if one of the 3s batteries dies, its a good excuse to get a 3s Senton or BRCC.

I run 1x3s 1x4s with the same discharge & capacity so I could run 7s in my EXB. Gotta make sure you have a capable esc. I did this in the event I want to run just 4s or 8s.

Majority of my batteries are 4s & 2s & just two 3s.

And FYI all you noobs:p any "bad cell" that yall speak of could be fixed. Just find one of those 1s usb chargers and charge that one cell. Thank me later for saving your battery....they look like these. Those mini drones or other devices come with them.

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:
You said if you damage one your not out so much money, I was just highlighting that this is OK if you damage one very early on, but I wouldn't be relying on having a pair of batteries for a year or so then only buying one to replace a damaged one, you're asking for trouble.
This makes the most sense. Only reason I'm running 2 3s is my charger maxes at 4s. That will change soon.

This is probably a duplicate thread but since search wont allow “one” ” 3s” “two” or ”6s” here we are haha.

Just wondering what the majority preferred method of powering 6s rigs is. I had 3s packs already from granite and Senton so I started with those, but think I’d like a single 6s instead besides the list of cons. Downsides are they’re expensive, seem to come in lower mah, not downward(3s-4s) compatable, and not nearly as available in hardcase. Pros are for what I’m looking at $15 more I get two runs(2x6s batts $115 vs 1 run from 2-3s $99) and fitment is way easier. So what say you.

This is probably a duplicate thread but since search wont allow “one” ” 3s” “two” or ”6s” here we are haha.

Just wondering what the majority preferred method of powering 6s rigs is. I had 3s packs already from granite and Senton so I started with those, but think I’d like a single 6s instead besides the list of cons. Downsides are they’re expensive, seem to come in lower mah, not downward(3s-4s) compatable, and not nearly as available in hardcase. Pros are for what I’m looking at $15 more I get two runs(2x6s batts $115 vs 1 run from 2-3s $99) and fitment is way easier. So what say you.
I run 1 6S but its fairly heavy, I haven't tried 2 3S or 1 4S, I like the idea of running 1 battery.

20211029_193607.jpg

The longer I am in RC the more I want things to be simple and just work. I chose to run XT150 connectors for a few reasons, but one is so I can run packs in series without a Y lead. I have a lot of different cars now, so having the ability to use my 2s, 3s, or 4s packs together is helpful. I would always prefer to run one pack, but I'm not going to buy extra batteries just for the privilege. Most of my vehicles now run 4s and the Kraton 8s is easy with two 4s packs on board.

A few of my 6s packs have dropped cells over time, so I converted one to a 5s and two to 4s packs. My Castle escs are happy running 5s without any special settings changes.

I have even bought some 4000mah 6s packs to run in my bashers to keep the weight down, I don't get massive run times. I can run back to back packs and get a better session in than if I were to just run 1 heavy high capacity brick.
IMG_20210328_203233_040.jpg

XT150, I have rarely had them come apart while driving, I think it might be because they are separate leads altogether, they don't seem to pull out as much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back