Kraton Do you prefer 2-3s or 1-6s lipo for your 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably a duplicate thread but since search wont allow “one” ” 3s” “two” or ”6s” here we are haha.

Just wondering what the majority preferred method of powering 6s rigs is. I had 3s packs already from granite and Senton so I started with those, but think I’d like a single 6s instead besides the list of cons. Downsides are they’re expensive, seem to come in lower mah, not downward(3s-4s) compatable, and not nearly as available in hardcase. Pros are for what I’m looking at $15 more I get two runs(2x6s batts $115 vs 1 run from 2-3s $99) and fitment is way easier. So what say you.
I used to be Mr. Two3s until I realized how much more efficient a single 6s is. Less wire means less loss of current. Might be miniscule, but helps in the end. If you have no choice, then it really doesn't matter, but if you can, one connector is cleaner and more efficient.

I used to be Mr. Two3s until I realized how much more efficient a single 6s is. Less wire means less loss of current. Might be miniscule, but helps in the end. If you have no choice, then it really doesn't matter, but if you can, one connector is cleaner and more efficient.
XT150 connectors my friend! Great advice though mate!

This is probably a duplicate thread but since search wont allow “one” ” 3s” “two” or ”6s” here we are haha.

Just wondering what the majority preferred method of powering 6s rigs is. I had 3s packs already from granite and Senton so I started with those, but think I’d like a single 6s instead besides the list of cons. Downsides are they’re expensive, seem to come in lower mah, not downward(3s-4s) compatable, and not nearly as available in hardcase. Pros are for what I’m looking at $15 more I get two runs(2x6s batts $115 vs 1 run from 2-3s $99) and fitment is way easier. So what say you.
Cnhl is having a combo sale 2- 6s 5000 mah 65c for 120 black series or g+ is 139

For the sake of simplicity I run a single 6s in my rig. Nothing else I have takes 3s power, so it makes no sense for me to run 2 batts at once.

Just my opinion. I used to run two 2S and two 3S batteries on my 6S rigs. Now, I only run one 4S and one 6S batteries. I now only have one connector on all my 6S ESC's and I find it much more convenient. Less wire(s) to deal with, no loops to hassle with, cleaner look, and easier to load one battery vs stacking two on top of each other. Like I said, that's just my opinion.

20210326_165933.jpg

20210326_171708.jpg

Last edited:
You said if you damage one your not out so much money, I was just highlighting that this is OK if you damage one very early on, but I wouldn't be relying on having a pair of batteries for a year or so then only buying one to replace a damaged one, you're asking for trouble.
If you buy the same battery again and make sure your old one is still balancing properly I don't see a problem with it.

I'd be concerned about matching batteries if you didn't have a pair that were bought at similar time, I would think that running an old battery with a new one with different internal resistance could cause some damage to one or both of the batteries.
I run 2 x 3s buy them both at the same time same seller and use colored zip ties to mark them as a matching pair only used together.

^^^ This.
Single 6s brick.
Just more practical for many more reasons than using 2 x3s's.
When I buy a new rig, I always buy 2 more dedicated lipos for it. If it has a singe tray I use a single brick. Fit wise is better and actually less of a chance for damage from ejecting when bashing hard.
I wont use my 3s's except in a saddle config with my Infr, And Lim.
I have 25 lipos here. So I do collect them across all my rigs.

I have both (2 3s batteries and a 6s) ease of putting the battery in with the 6s because it’s one pack but no big deal putting 2 3s batteries in. My brother runs 2 3s packs and one of them did go bad just recently so I agree with being able to buy just a 3s pack is cheaper. But Ive never had a issues so I think it’s just personal preference and if you have other rigs that run on only 3s.

Single 6s. No need to run extra unnecessary wires/plugs that can creat a failure point when Im launching it 50 feet.

I just have to come back and say that I noticed much better run times running a single 6s over two 3s batts in my rigs lol

On road 2-3s. Off road 1-6s. Except for Typhon on road. 1-6s

Same brand/c-rating/capacity?

Doesn't make much sense though if that's the case.
Yea everything matches. I'm pretty certain, but I suppose I could time it next time. It honestly just felt like I was bashing for longer before LVC kicked in lol

Yea everything matches. I'm pretty certain, but I suppose I could time it next time. It honestly just felt like I was bashing for longer before LVC kicked in lol
Have you checked your individual cell voltages between the batteries, if you have a dodgy cell it will make lvc kick in earlier?

HOOVO 6s-6000 mAh batts are the best deal going. They're armored with something analogous to G10. One run, one charge slot. Like what was said above, if you damage one of a matched pair you shouldn't try to pair with a new battery.

HOOVO 6s-6000 mAh batts are the best deal going. They're armored with something analogous to G10. One run, one charge slot. Like what was said above, if you damage one of a matched pair you shouldn't try to pair with a new battery.
Yes they are! I bought 2 of them as soon as they came back in stock and man I get some good runtimes on moderate to heavy bashing! They're out of stock again though so I'll have to wait to get more lol I also have 2 of the 5200's and they are great also!
Have you checked your individual cell voltages between the batteries, if you have a dodgy cell it will make lvc kick in earlier?
Yea I always check them after they are done charging and according to the charger they all reach the 4.204 threshold. On my balance checker all cells are pretty much within tolerances.

Last edited:
Yes they are! I bought 2 of them as soon as they came back in stock and man I get some good runtimes on moderate to heavy bashing! They're out of stock again though so I'll have to wait to get more lol I also have 2 of the 5200's and they are great also!

Yea I always check them after they are done charging and according to the charger they all reach the 4.204 threshold. On my balance checker all cells are pretty much within tolerances.
A bad cell can often reach a full charge and even read OK for a little while, but when the demand of the full load is introduced it can reveal itself. If you run the vehicle for 5-10 minutes then do an individual cell check what do you see? Also if your charger has an internal resistance test run that and if any of the cells have a higher resistance than the others(not 1 or 2 ohms, but 5 or more) that cell is likely bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back