Do You Reinforce your custom painted body for a basher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
I have a clear proline body shell for my Kraton 6s which I plan to paint this weekend. Is there any issues with reinforcing the body with shoe goo and drywall tape with a spray painted body?

Yes shoe goo will more then likely discolor the paint. I found out the hard way.

I have used sho goo on several self painted bodies with zero issue.
Duratraxx paint was used on one and I can’t remember the other brands of paint on the others.I’ll let you know tonight when I get home.

Im sure the solvents in the shop goo with have an effect on some paints, but that’s not my experience

I have used sho goo on several self painted bodies with zero issue.
Duratraxx paint was used on one and I can’t remember the other brands of paint on the others.I’ll let you know tonight when I get home.

Im sure the solvents in the shop goo with have an effect on some paints, but that’s not my experience
thanks for your input. I'm using the tamiya spray paint cans.

Caused an issue on my Felony factory painted. My Senton it did not cause an issue.

I tried this and the shoogoo pealed the paint up. This could have many factors though. It was my first paint job and I probably should have waited longer for it to dry. I’ve been debating trying it again.

No issues on my Infraction V2 or self painted bodies. Yes the paint has to dry as recommended (24-48h)
Painted with either Duratrax or Tamiya cans.
good to know. I'll make sure the paint is well dried. How many coats did you do with yours?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back