Do you think it's fair to say that tires in general will explode when using 6S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todoubled

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have had nothing but an amazing experience with Arrma product support. I'm trying to figure out if the issue of tires exploding is just to be expected using 6s or if it's a product that should be able to handle the power and is being misrepresented. The foam inside the tire is disintegrating and the tire seems to be ripping from the rim area and then up thru the tread. The ones that ripped all had empty foam spots inside the tire. They have stood by me so far replacing tires and I kinda sense they feel frustrated as well not wanting to have to replace any more tires. I have the 6s bug and I am hoping I find a resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_115215.jpg
    IMG_20190926_115215.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53
I have had nothing but an amazing experience with Arrma product support. I'm trying to figure out if the issue of tires exploding is just to be expected using 6s or if it's a product that should be able to handle the power and is being misrepresented. The foam inside the tire is disintegrating and the tire seems to be ripping from the rim area and then up thru the tread. The ones that ripped all had empty foam spots inside the tire. They have stood by me so far replacing tires and I kinda sense they feel frustrated as well not wanting to have to replace any more tires. I have the 6s bug and I am hoping I find a resolution.

I've blown up some tires. Getting much better now but my thing was always jammin the throttle in loose dirt or low cut grass or even pavement, and not pulling back in time...or before I see the balloons start. I've started teasing the throttle more and saving the hammer for special occasions.
I don't know if this could be helpful or not but my attention to it has helped me lately.
Also, I think heavier diff fluid and service all around but still best for me to control my heavy trigger.

Check out youtube for venting tires. this allows water and debris to fly out of vents instead of weighing your tires. That extra rotating mass from the nastiness in there will blow tires off the rim. Check tires for rim separation and reglue them with even the slightest crack. Also agree with the above post. Sustained full throttle on 6s with squishy dirt tires will make them fly apart. My favorite tire lately is the Backflip LP. Even though they come on the 4s OC they are perfect for the 6s rigs. Less rotating mass=better steering, less tire ballooning and a nice light truck that breaks less.

Check out youtube for venting tires. this allows water and debris to fly out of vents instead of weighing your tires. That extra rotating mass from the nastiness in there will blow tires off the rim. Check tires for rim separation and reglue them with even the slightest crack. Also agree with the above post. Sustained full throttle on 6s with squishy dirt tires will make them fly apart. My favorite tire lately is the Backflip LP. Even though they come on the 4s OC they are perfect for the 6s rigs. Less rotating mass=better steering, less tire ballooning and a nice light truck that breaks less.

I love the Backflip LP on the Talion and couldn't ask for more fun out of it now. I really love those tires.

In general, short answer yes. But like stated above if you take care of them, you'll get more life.

Each time i blew a tyre it was when i pushed the throttle like a crazy with the wheel out of the ground (so the tyre balloon like a pizza cutter), mainly on surface with small rocks.

I've been running the Outcast Backflips for 3 years now on a Kraton 6s with a 13t pinion, hammer the throttle often and never had a blown tire. I haven't even vented them on the outside but did put some tape on the inner holes.
Only stripped a hex once. Maybe i'm just lucky?

I've blown up a bunch of the dboots fortress but since I went to 3.8 proline badlands I've had no issues. Had the belted trenchers. Did not like the way truck drove on belted tires. Too heavy and I like some ballooning.

When I ran 4S, I didn't have much issue, but with 6S, I did. I ran trencher 3.8's on my savage flux hp, ERBEv1 and Outcast 6S, all running 4S.

The first truck I ran 6S on was the outcast. Before running it, I wrapped the tires with kevlar line, 3.8 trenchers. Never had a blow out.

Then I upgraded my ERBEv1 to a v2 and ran 6S in it with 3.8 trenchers. I also wrapped the tires with kevlar. Never had a blow out.

Then I decided to run 6S in my savage flux hp. It has a transmission with a center diff. I geared it down quite a bit from the 4S gearing I had. It lasted about 45 seconds and I blew both front tires off the wheels... I was lazy and didn't wrap them first. Luckily, the foams and tires didn't get destroyed.

Now, regardless of tire/brand, if they go on a 6S truck, they get wrapped. I tried traxxas talon ext's (stock for the v2 revo) and I wrapped them. I switched to the standard backflips on my outcast to see if less rotational mass helps my persistent diff problems. I wrapped those too. Even in a zigzag that the tread forced me to use, they still balloon very little at WOT in the air.

Outcast:
2020-0710-Outcast-BackflipTires-wrapped-side-high.jpg

ERBEv2 talon ext's:
2020-0819-ERBEv2-RoofSkid-Front.jpg

I didn't like the EXT's and went back to trenchers:
2020-0910-ERBEv2-HRWheelHubs-body-front.jpg

Savage Flux HP:
2019-0720-SavageFlux-CapPackHSFanOnESC-EscSide.jpg

On my stampede 4x4 and eJato, they both run 3S and I haven't had much issue on them without wrapping. They are geared for 45-50mph.

I've been running the Outcast Backflips for 3 years now on a Kraton 6s with a 13t pinion, hammer the throttle often and never had a blown tire. I haven't even vented them on the outside but did put some tape on the inner holes.
Only stripped a hex once. Maybe i'm just lucky?
Not lucky just driving really slow lol! 13 tooth is tiny

When I ran 4S, I didn't have much issue, but with 6S, I did. I ran trencher 3.8's on my savage flux hp, ERBEv1 and Outcast 6S, all running 4S.

The first truck I ran 6S on was the outcast. Before running it, I wrapped the tires with kevlar line, 3.8 trenchers. Never had a blow out.

Then I upgraded my ERBEv1 to a v2 and ran 6S in it with 3.8 trenchers. I also wrapped the tires with kevlar. Never had a blow out.

Then I decided to run 6S in my savage flux hp. It has a transmission with a center diff. I geared it down quite a bit from the 4S gearing I had. It lasted about 45 seconds and I blew both front tires off the wheels... I was lazy and didn't wrap them first. Luckily, the foams and tires didn't get destroyed.

Now, regardless of tire/brand, if they go on a 6S truck, they get wrapped. I tried traxxas talon ext's (stock for the v2 revo) and I wrapped them. I switched to the standard backflips on my outcast to see if less rotational mass helps my persistent diff problems. I wrapped those too. Even in a zigzag that the tread forced me to use, they still balloon very little at WOT in the air.

Outcast:
2020-0710-Outcast-BackflipTires-wrapped-side-high.jpg

ERBEv2 talon ext's:
2020-0819-ERBEv2-RoofSkid-Front.jpg

I didn't like the EXT's and went back to trenchers:
2020-0910-ERBEv2-HRWheelHubs-body-front.jpg

Savage Flux HP:
2019-0720-SavageFlux-CapPackHSFanOnESC-EscSide.jpg

On my stampede 4x4 and eJato, they both run 3S and I haven't had much issue on them without wrapping. They are geared for 45-50mph.
How are you tying the ends together or what glue you using? I tried this but the string flies off after a few runs.

How are you tying the ends together or what glue you using? I tried this but the string flies off after a few runs.
I use a 4 wrap surgeons knot, or similar to it. Really it's just a 4 wrap single knot. I use 500lb cored kevlar cord. Once you pull a 4 wrap single knot snug, it holds the tire pretty well, then I thread the cord between the treads where I want it, pull it snug again, then glue the entire knot. I then glue the cord to the tire about every inch or so between or against a tire lug.

You can kind of see the knot here on this tire:
2019-0726-TraxxasTmaxxTire-thickCordKnot.jpg

Even when it' isn't in a straight line, it still works well (outcast backflips):
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg

Glued to the tire at the dots:
2019-1127-dBoot-Backflip-Kevlar-glue.jpg

I use the 550lb with core: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZBSI0M

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back