Do you use white lithium grease for your diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
Wasn't sure where to post this thread but this I suppose seemed appropriate...do any of you use white lithium grease for your diffs or any other parts of your rigs?...I bought some and don't even remember why lol

đź‘Ť thanks!

I don't have an Arrma anything but they appear to be topnotch. I would buy one for my next project for sure. I only have one, a Losi Tenacity DB....great little buggy. I've done a few updates for better performance and durability. I see a lot of you are using different types of grease for the diff gears. I just serviced one of my three diffs with the 10k Losi diff lube. Are you guys saying it's okay to run regular grease inside and not the Losi stuff? My buggy picked up a lot of acceleration after the service so I'm happy with it but I'm wondering if regular grease would be okay. I also need to try the Lucas product also. I've been using some Mobil Red grease on outside gears and drive shafts with fair results....it sticks good but heat usually breaks it down

I don't have an Arrma anything but they appear to be topnotch. I would buy one for my next project for sure. I only have one, a Losi Tenacity DB....great little buggy. I've done a few updates for better performance and durability. I see a lot of you are using different types of grease for the diff gears. I just serviced one of my three diffs with the 10k Losi diff lube. Are you guys saying it's okay to run regular grease inside and not the Losi stuff? My buggy picked up a lot of acceleration after the service so I'm happy with it but I'm wondering if regular grease would be okay. I also need to try the Lucas product also. I've been using some Mobil Red grease on outside gears and drive shafts with fair results....it sticks good but heat usually breaks it down
Regular grease doesn't work very well for inside the diffs it thins out as it gets hot. It's best to run silicone diff fluid.

Regular grease doesn't work very well for inside the diffs it thins out as it gets hot. It's best to run silicone diff fluid.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I had never read/seen anything about regular grease inside diffs other than lubing the O-rings to help sealing.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm new to RC and recently had to completely take my Granite apart to put it into a new chassis. When I opened up the shock towers where the diffs were, they had this white kind of gel/grease on them. I originally thought that was diff fluid but now I am thinking it was just some kind of grease. Is that what it is, and should it be maintained? I reused what I could when I moved the diffs to the new chassis.

Thanks

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm new to RC and recently had to completely take my Granite apart to put it into a new chassis. When I opened up the shock towers where the diffs were, they had this white kind of gel/grease on them. I originally thought that was diff fluid but now I am thinking it was just some kind of grease. Is that what it is, and should it be maintained? I reused what I could when I moved the diffs to the new chassis.

Thanks
It's grease and most of us use red and tacky grease. Can be found at most hardware and repair shops.

I think he means the case bro. Like in the case. And to answer him, @Adamator a nice lil glob bout the size of a small grape will do. Some use less some use more. Don't grease the pinion and spur though or any axles etc.
Thanks. I mainly just want to make sure I have about the same amount on there as I found when I had to move everything from chassis to another. I basically just took the grease that I could. But things have been fine so far. Not sure I need more…maybe not.

Lucas Red 'N Tacky for Diffs/Gears, SuperLube 41160 for bearings.

Heres why not to use white lithium. Just rebuilt front diff cause I had in the beginning used w.l grease.

In all these pics...
the grey is more like dried toothpaste with plastic shaving.
The white is even thicker just less died out.
All the grey is the gears! From where they kinda disintegrate

20211130_153014.jpg

20211130_152952.jpg

20211130_143145.jpg

20211130_143133.jpg

Back