Do you use white lithium grease for your diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
Wasn't sure where to post this thread but this I suppose seemed appropriate...do any of you use white lithium grease for your diffs or any other parts of your rigs?...I bought some and don't even remember why lol

đź‘Ť thanks!

No, but you can. Any grease will do.
Well I have other grease I use....this just came in today and I don't remember what I got it for lol...I know it was something I saw on YouTube that must've made me get it 🤷‍♂️ oh well, just something else to add to the collection of unused sh*t lol...
No, but you can. Any grease will do.
Marine?
@Gdub34 what do you use?

Well I have other grease I use....this just came in today and I don't remember what I got it for lol...I know it was something I saw on YouTube that must've made me get it 🤷‍♂️ oh well, just something else to add to the collection of unused sh*t lol...

Marine?
@Gdub34 what do you use?
Red and Tacky is the best. You can use it in bearings too.

As a newbie, my research said to avoid that one seems to gave a negative effect over time....what I read. The crowd all loved Red and Tacky so I been using it since day one...

My grease doesn't survive long enough to have any negative effect tbh.
Marine, car, white, pink, purple or red, they will all do their job. Some use bronze based break lube but that is not adding any benefit but there are all kinds of ideas and theories out there. Grease is not one of those things that will cause your diff to fail, just the lack thereof.

A lot of people are using marine grease, finish that Up and then try red and tacky.
👌🤙
My grease doesn't survive long enough to have any negative effect tbh.
Marine, car, white, pink, purple or red, they will all do their job. Some use bronze based break lube but that is not adding any benefit but there are all kinds of ideas and theories out there. Grease is not one of those things that will cause your diff to fail, just the lack thereof.
Lol right on!
If I need grease I use bell ray water proof motocross grease but any good marine grade grease will work well.
I imagine that's good

👌🤙

Lol right on!

I imagine that's good
It’s fantastic stuff. I rebuilt a 2003 RM65 for my son from the frame up a few years ago. That thing was submerged and pressure washed more times than I can remember. We sold it last year so I took it all apart to regrease all of the bearings, linkage, etc.. everything came apart easily and the bearings were all still good as new

It’s fantastic stuff. I rebuilt a 2003 RM65 for my son from the frame up a few years ago. That thing was submerged and pressure washed more times than I can remember. We sold it last year so I took it all apart to regrease all of the bearings, linkage, etc.. everything came apart easily and the bearings were all still good as new
Nice! Top quality sh*tttt!

Yes.

Why?
I found the white lithium grease to be too thin and it never stayed on the diffs. I used general purpose grease for a while but switched over to red n tacky as it looks to stay on the gears better than the general purpose stuff, the general purpose stuff works better in bearings in my personal opinion.

I found the white lithium grease to be too thin and it never stayed on the diffs. I used general purpose grease for a while but switched over to red n tacky as it looks to stay on the gears better than the general purpose stuff, the general purpose stuff works better in bearings in my personal opinion.
đź‘Ś

Back