Dodgy bits from make it build it on ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevecroft1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
Has anyone had problems with this supplier or is this just arrma being crap.
So I got a gp5 diff and input gear from MIBI the diff was leaking so I sent it back and got one from wheelspin it came and all is good so I carry on now the input gear shaft is too big for the bearing.
The first pic is the old gp6.
The last pic is the new gp5.
So like I said do you think this is a arrma problem or dodgy supplier problem

20210616_080731.jpg

20210616_080624.jpg

20210616_080547.jpg

Without critiquing your equipment or technique, I'd say +/- .04mm is within the specified manufacturing tolerances for a hobby toy outsourced to China. It would be nice if it were better, but increased quality comes with increased cost.

Without critiquing your equipment or technique, I'd say +/- .04mm is within the specified manufacturing tolerances for a hobby toy outsourced to China. It would be nice if it were better, but increased quality comes with increased cost.
Yeah it would be okay if it actually fitted tho maybe a bit tight or lose and in my very short spell in engineering .01 was the max but as you say hobby grade tolerances.

No doubt, bearing fit tolerances are critical. .01mm would be what I expect in automotive, and can only be attained by grinding. These parts are spat out every few seconds from a CNC lathe, where .10mm is a common callout. A good shop could do half that in steel, but prices and tooling changes go up. I bet the bearing is on the money, it's the pinions that are going to vary. There are loctite formulations out there that are able to take up that slack in the fit and hold up well, if you want to look into it. Anaerobic sleeve sealant or something along those lines will point you in the right direction.

No doubt, bearing fit tolerances are critical. .01mm would be what I expect in automotive, and can only be attained by grinding. These parts are spat out every few seconds from a CNC lathe, where .10mm is a common callout. A good shop could do half that in steel, but prices and tooling changes go up. I bet the bearing is on the money, it's the pinions that are going to vary. There are loctite formulations out there that are able to take up that slack in the fit and hold up well, if you want to look into it. Anaerobic sleeve sealant or something along those lines will point you in the right direction.
Will definitely adding it to my list thanks pal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back