Senton Does anyone else own a Senton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and for you Canadians I have a solution for your battery needs too go check our bego racing.com they are located in Quebec you can pick up 2 3s 4300mah 40c lipos for 122.00 that includes shipping I know locally I pay 120 for one 3s its retarded so I just thought id share that with you as I'm a fellow Canadian as well :)

FB_IMG_1455203276672.jpg
20160118_175256.jpg
20160118_175722.jpg
FB_IMG_1455116515283.jpg

Here's the de racing rims with 2.2/3.0 in trenchers

most recent pic of my senton running hobbywing quicrun esc with blx motor and 19t pinion and she's a beast!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1456797394015.jpg
    FB_IMG_1456797394015.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi Guys! Im new to the hobby and new to this forum.. After many weeks of research ive decided to go for a Senton 6s. Although my local hobby shop has Losi, ECX and Hpi products ONLY.. i still choose senton mainly due to the sheer speed and durability of the truck.
I don't have any racing tracks nearby, nor do i have any intentions going that way so this is just to have fun in parks & open roads.
I am from the middle east so id have to get this truck and all its accessories from USA. Purchasing anything from my local hobby shop is like paying 3 times more.
I have a few question to ask;

1) Lipo. The first issue i think of is to get Lipo batteries. I wanted to know whether its allowed to carry 4s/6s lipo on an international flight or not. Ive heard if you put it in your check in luggage, you wont have any issue. Just wanted to reconfirm if theres any issue or not. Going for SMC 6500mah 60C 4S pack. Will this be enough?
Still looking for a 6S pack, Any recommendations?

2) Lipo charger. Since the senton needs 4s and 6s batteries. I'd like to get a good charger for 4s n 6s.. any recommendations? (turnigy, skyrc, hitec, pro tek prodigy are a few shortlisted options)

3) Shock and differential oil. I have seen many people discussing changing shock oils etc.. could someone point out to which oils to get and when to change them?

4) Also i read that lower a arms are a bit weak. Should i get a spare set to be on a safe side? (is this the part no. AR330370 ?)

5) Tyres. Need tyres for speed runs on road plus a spare set for offroad. (louise b rocket 1/8th soft compound tyres for road use?, duratrax banditos for offroad?)

6) Ill be getting the 19T pinion for occasional high speed runs. I think the motor and the esc wont have any issue.

I've spent alot of time reading forums and going through youtube but still i have no experience on anything. looking fwd to buying this rig but not before i get some recommendations, do's and don'ts from current senton owners. :) thnx!

I think international flight with a LiPo it depends on the airlines i think
May i ask where you bringing this LiPo

Thanks.. ill ask the airlines if its ok to travel with lipos.. I am from Pakistan.. its about 18 hours flight from states..
Any recommendations on 6s lipo and a good charger?
anyone else?

Most of the guys ived asked for says smc is a good battery

indeed.. i too have heard about smc.. ill be going for 4s 6500mah 65c.. but their 6s is upto 4400mah 40c max.. thats y i was looking for other 6s options.. what charger would be best for 4s n 6s?

searching for 2x3s or 1x6s lipo packs.. anyone using smc 4400 40c 6s pack? Will they be enuf for the esc? any other alternative?

I can't keep tires on the rims on my Senton! 4s , 6s maxamps batts. It would be cool to have a good one piece tire wheel combo that could flex without coming apart

I use DE racing wheels and Pro Line Stryker tires on dirt oval with mine...even on 6s, I have never had a problem with tire separation...use good tire glue and be patient..they will hold up good.

Prep work makes all the difference in gluing the tires. Make sure you scuff the bead channel on the rims with sandpaper or a thin file and also do the same on the tire bead. This will let the CA glue grip better. I usually try to let the tires sit for a day to make sure the glue has had time to fully cure.

I have the senton and love it! Bash the dog crap out it and always comes back for more. Doesn't look like a senton anymore with the pro line VW Baja body and buggy wheels but still takes the abuse. Waiting on my pro line 3.8 badlands and tbone basher bumper to come in to finish the looks.

Attachments

• 20170423_131920.jpg
    20170423_131920.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 42
  • 20170423_131932.jpg
    20170423_131932.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 37
I drove on the last weekend for the first time 6S (2x 3S 5300 mAh 40C gensacearespammers) - it makes mega fun. My buddy with his slash 4x4 was always back behind, and has no chance against my Senton. :yawn: Most of the time I drive 4S 5000 mAh 60C which is quite enough to have fun.

I have the Front & Rear Diff with 100K and the Center Diff with 1000K oil. My wheels "Duratrax Lookup" buggy tires are perfect for offroad. The remaining setup is still original. Why? - because it is top.

The Arrma senton was the best RC purchase I could make. Thumbs up!

Last edited:
Here's my tank
Senton.jpg Senton2.jpg
TBone Front & A arm skids, Kraton springs front and rear, GKA braces and servo mount & Robinson Racing 17T pinion. Proline Super Swamper SCT on DE Racing wheels.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back