Does anyone have experience with gensacearespammers Lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
I'll leave this here for the sake of discussion but I ended up ordering SMC 3s 5600mah 60c packs. I was going to try and delete this thread but it doesn't appear that I can do that.

Anyway, the SMC packs were the same price with higher capacity and better specs all around. I asked for XT90 connectors to be installed in the order comments so we'll see if they hook me up or if I'll be soldering. The only difference was the $13 shipping and probably a longer wait from SMC. I think I made the right choice.

Hi there, I am using gensacearespammers 4s 6600mah 50 C hardcase Lipo for my Kraton.
I soldered XT90 connectors and they are working fine. It last app 45min.

I think you will be happy with the smc packs and as long as you requested xt90 in comments they should solder them up for you, unlike spc that i got and had to have changed out at lhs... still haven't got that soldering iron i need so badly... i have a 4s 6500mah 65c smc hard pack that i love i got it used two times and i paid 50 bux. Dude had 2 but i was short on cash so i only got one... wish i had both lol

gensacearespammers packs are good ,they are highly revered in the heli community . their cost is what kept me from trying them . i can be a cheapskate sometimes ..lol

Hi there, I am using gensacearespammers 4s 6600mah 50 C hardcase LiPo for my Kraton.
I soldered XT90 connectors and they are working fine. It last app 45min.
how on earth people get this kind of run time ? you must be taking it easy . with 2 -3s packs and a total of 9000 mah combined i get about 15 minutes of hard running and fast bashing/jumping . i am rarely going slow though .

I'm more of a SPC and SMC fan myself but have used gensacearespammers LiPo's in the past and they've been pretty decent batteries.
@WoodiE i have just gotten my first spc packs 7200mah 70c hard case, they fit the nero perfectly and they blow the 5400mah 50 duratrax onyx outa the water and are cheaper. I also picked up a smc 4s 6500mah 65c hard pack for 50 bux and its an awesome battery, its been storage charged for about 2 weeks and is still holding 3.8v per cell. My duratrax fluctuate and loose a few points and cells become i balances. For the price of them i thought they would be better than they are, don't get me wrong they are great batteries and im harder on my rcs than most people they are my stress relief... but i much prefer my spc and smc batteries. I have to say that they will be all i buy from here on out. They are out of stock on alot but they have a waiting list if you can wait they ship quickly and smc will add xt90 connectors if they are requested in comments section. Spc will not hopefuly they add them to the list soon.

I have experience with both the Glens Ace and SMC LiPo batteries. I feel both are quality packs and work really good.

Best regards,
Brian

Seems gensacearespammers has a lot of sales that bring their price in line with SMC and Hobby King. Over on RCGroups.com, I think poster Agnes works for gens-ace-r-spam, and they will post up sale events. See the link for current post -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2730635

My SMC packs arrived a day early with the XT90s installed! I'm impressed with the service, now I can't wait to try out the packs.
Please let us know how they perform and if you have any issues with them. I was thinking of ordering some as I have been having problems with my new Lectron Pros.

I am a long time user of gen ace lipos. Used them in my 30cc and 50cc 3d airplanes (so 8s and 12s setups) l got well over 400 cycles (logged every cycle) before noticing a difference in cell IR and power output. No puffing, no swelling. I cant recommend them enough.

When l was flying I had on hand 16 4s 4k and 10 6s 5k.

I tried many other lipos (from thunderpower to turnigy and many inbetween) and these were the only ones that handled the abuse of high energy 3d flying (my average runtime was only 4 minute flights) yup l was that hard on them

gensacearespammers packs are good ,they are highly revered in the heli community . their cost is what kept me from trying them . i can be a cheapskate sometimes ..lol

how on earth people get this kind of run time ? you must be taking it easy . with 2 -3s packs and a total of 9000 mAh combined i get about 15 minutes of hard running and fast bashing/jumping . i am rarely going slow though .

A bit late, but...
Seeing the Kraton in your profile pic I assume you run 2 4500mAh 3s packs for a total of 6s?
2x 3s 9000mAh would be huge packs.
2 x 3s you connect in parallel or serial for 3s 9000mAh OR 6s 4500mAh .
Not 6s AND 9000mAh.
If you run 2 identical packs, serial doubles your voltage and parallel doubles your capacity, not both :)

If you run 6s 4500mAh (2x 3s series) 15 minutes looks about right to me.
When running 3s 9000mAh (2x 3s parallel or 2 single 3s) then 15 minutes is pretty short and I would check my Lipo's..
4s 6600mAh and 45mins seems a bit long to me too, but, the vehicle is slower on 4s and that combined with taking it easy could extend the runtime a lot..
In the past I got around 20-25 minutes of hard running with 5400mAh 2s in a Stampede 4x4, I also thought I got 60minutes easily, until I started timing it.
But I also have a happy trigger finger :p

Now I think I get around 60 minutes of runtime with a 5400mAh 2s and a stock brushed 27turns Tamiya buggy, but I have to stop because the motor starts to overheat before the low-voltage kicks in :D

About gens-ace, I have tried them once, great lipo's, but also for me, the price is a bit too high to buy only gens-ace....

A bit late, but...
Seeing the Kraton in your profile pic I assume you run 2 4500mAh 3s packs for a total of 6s?
2x 3s 9000mAh would be huge packs.
2 x 3s you connect in parallel or serial for 3s 9000mAh OR 6s 4500mAh .
Not 6s AND 9000mAh.
If you run 2 identical packs, serial doubles your voltage and parallel doubles your capacity, not both :)

If you run 6s 4500mAh (2x 3s series) 15 minutes looks about right to me.
When running 3s 9000mAh (2x 3s parallel or 2 single 3s) then 15 minutes is pretty short and I would check my LiPo's..
4s 6600mAh and 45mins seems a bit long to me too, but, the vehicle is slower on 4s and that combined with taking it easy could extend the runtime a lot..
In the past I got around 20-25 minutes of hard running with 5400mAh 2s in a Stampede 4x4, I also thought I got 60minutes easily, until I started timing it.
But I also have a happy trigger finger :p

Now I think I get around 60 minutes of runtime with a 5400mAh 2s and a stock brushed 27turns Tamiya buggy, but I have to stop because the motor starts to overheat before the low-voltage kicks in :D

About gens-ace, I have tried them once, great LiPo's, but also for me, the price is a bit too high to buy only gens-ace....

you would be correct i run 2-3s packs in serial(using the 2 leads from the esc) , how would i run them parallel? that would be awesome

ps- nevermind i will look it up on youtube .

Last edited:
It would need some soldering to switch
The esc comes standard wired for serial use as 3s does not give that high of a top speed.
2x 3s in parallel give you much more runtime but less speed
2x 3s in series give you less runtime but more speed

post-10011-0-40746200-1394105013.jpg

See the bottom connector as your ESC.
The one on the left is your current configuration and the one on the right is parallel

All of my lipos are gensacearespammers and I've been pretty happy with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back