Kraton Does anyone know anything about this charger? Passport P2 100W AC/DC 2-Port Multicharger with Bluetooth Connectivity (DYNC3016)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, i didn't know that. The reason I purchased the 8000mAh, 100c, battery is on the suggestion from a Youtuber that does a lot of YouTube videos, and mostly of the Kraton line. He said it would give me longer run times, and discharge slower, I just screenshoted this comment to me, so that I could go back and see it.

You'll get longer runtimes for sure. Nothing wrong with that battery at all - just want to keep an eye on motor and esc temps if you run it wide open a lot. Your charger will charge it but obviously takes longer to charge 8000 vs 5000mah. The mah figure is the "gas can capacity." Higher number won't run out of gas as soon as lower number.
If my 5000mah battery = 5 gallons of gas, your 8000mah battery = 8 gallons of gas. When we run out of gas we have to stop playing and refill. lol

Thank you all for those very wise words of wisdom!! I most likely can't return the charger, now that I've used it. I'll try to figure out how to change the setting from 5000mAh, to 8000mAh. I've bookmarked this page, so I can refer back to it when I charge the battery with this charger. Camaroboy383, I apologize if I sounded like I didn't want to wait that long for the battery to charge. Again, it's based on the fact that this is my very 1st venture into the world of electric cars. I know nothing about them, and, it seemed like an awfully long time to charge a battery!! But I do definitely appreciate the input. Pyro Drone sells that charger for $119, and SMC sells it for $135. $15 difference. From the looks of it, they are both the same item. Will it charge the 6s, 8000mAh, 100c battery with ease? Thanks again to everyone.
Hey, you came to the right place. We all started somewhere.
@slick2500 and @Camaroboy383 are both pretty much correct. You purchased a mismatched charger and lipo. I suggest you start watching YT videos on charging ASAP. You might as well have purchased a $10. charger. Because it would be just as slow charging. It just cant keep up with that high capacity lipo. You made a decent choice in lipo, just not the appropriate charger for it. It appears your charger is meant for low capacity drone/quad charging. You are not alone. This happens to many newcomers to the hobby.
Again, watch many videos on charging. Or you will become frustrated fast with RC. And possibly cause a fire. Learn about Lipo safety also!!!!

Hey, you came to the right place. We all started somewhere.
@slick2500 and @Camaroboy383 are both pretty much correct. You purchased a mismatched charger and lipo. I suggest you start watching YT videos on charging ASAP. You might as well have purchased a $10. charger. Because it would be just as slow charging. It just cant keep up with that high capacity lipo. You made a decent choice in lipo, just not the appropriate charger for it. It appears your charger is meant for low capacity drone/quad charging. You are not alone. This happens to many newcomers to the hobby.
Again, watch many videos on charging. Or you will become frustrated fast with RC. And possibly cause a fire. Learn about Lipo safety also!!!!
When I first got in this hobby I bought the cheapest one I could find on eBay ? clone B6AC Plus.

$40. Got me the real deal. A PSU got me my watts. Still my backup. Field charger. Cant touch my HM D6 though with 24v 400watt psu.
20200225_171709.jpg

$40. Got me the real deal. A PSU got me my watts. Still my backup. Field charger. Cant touch my HM D6 though with 24v 400watt psu.View attachment 67043
Mine was $23 shipped ?
Now I have a Hitec X2 400 probably a bit overkill for my needs but hey I could in theory charge 4 5000mAh 6s lipos at the same time.

You'll get longer runtimes for sure. Nothing wrong with that battery at all - just want to keep an eye on motor and esc temps if you run it wide open a lot. Your charger will charge it but obviously takes longer to charge 8000 vs 5000mah. The mah figure is the "gas can capacity." Higher number won't run out of gas as soon as lower number.
If my 5000mah battery = 5 gallons of gas, your 8000mah battery = 8 gallons of gas. When we run out of gas we have to stop playing and refill. lol
I kinda figured out the charger. Can I change the charge time now that it's charging? I set the time for 400 minutes.

I kinda figured out the charger. Can I change the charge time now that it's charging? I set the time for 400 minutes.

I'm not sure if you can change the time now or not but shouldn't need to.
I imagine it'll be charged in under 400 minutes and shut itself off. Keep an eye on it for the first few times you charge, maybe record the time it takes to charge at first too to make adjustments. Put your hand on the battery and charger from time to time to feel if it gets hot...but just as a precaution and exercise in understanding.
Most of all, don't worry too much. Your charger is capable of handling this battery. There are certainly safety features in place because Dynamite is popular enough and whoever built this charger knows that not everyone that buys the thing will operate it perfectly from the start.

1582675574002.png

I have that exact same charger as my desktop charger when I am not in a hurry. The timer and mah cut offs are backup measures incase it for some reason decides to keep charging. An 8000mah 6s battery isn't going to happen fast. You can adjust it to the full power on one outlet and should take about 1 hour. My 5200mah 6s take 45 min from a flat battery. The most I get out of it is 7.3 amps. It's a great charger for anything under 6s. I can charge a 7600mah 3s in about 20 min at 10 amps. You can either get yourself a DC power supply and it will charge at 200watts or get a couple more batteries. Have them all charged and by the time you finish a 2nd or 3rd pack running you will have fresh batteries coming off the charger at the same time and not have to worry about it. The dc power supply can be more expensive then a new charger at times. All in all it is a great charger just don't expect that big of a battery to charge fast on anything less then a $300 charger.

I have that exact same charger as my desktop charger when I am not in a hurry. The timer and mah cut offs are backup measures incase it for some reason decides to keep charging. An 8000mah 6s battery isn't going to happen fast. You can adjust it to the full power on one outlet and should take about 1 hour. My 5200mah 6s take 45 min from a flat battery. The most I get out of it is 7.3 amps. It's a great charger for anything under 6s. I can charge a 7600mah 3s in about 20 min at 10 amps. You can either get yourself a DC power supply and it will charge at 200watts or get a couple more batteries. Have them all charged and by the time you finish a 2nd or 3rd pack running you will have fresh batteries coming off the charger at the same time and not have to worry about it. The dc power supply can be more expensive then a new charger at times. All in all it is a great charger just don't expect that big of a battery to charge fast on anything less then a $300 charger.

Hell, an hour isn't so bad! Sounds like OP is good to go!

Hell, an hour isn't so bad! Sounds like OP is good to go!
Yeah OP just has to get settings right. Push all the power to 1 channel and crank up the amps. Works great for me and my 5200mah 6s. I have 3 I keep in rotation an 1 comes off about the time I am done with one. You get extra time when you break stuff to lol

I'm not sure if you can change the time now or not but shouldn't need to.
I imagine it'll be charged in under 400 minutes and shut itself off. Keep an eye on it for the first few times you charge, maybe record the time it takes to charge at first too to make adjustments. Put your hand on the battery and charger from time to time to feel if it gets hot...but just as a precaution and exercise in understanding.
Most of all, don't worry too much. Your charger is capable of handling this battery. There are certainly safety features in place because Dynamite is popular enough and whoever built this charger knows that not everyone that buys the thing will operate it perfectly from the start.

View attachment 67076
I think it charged in a little over an hour and a half. The next time I charge it, I'm going to reduce the charge time from 400 minutes, to maybe 300. I know all of you don't know this, but I'm an ''old guy!!" Gonna be 78 in May, and I still love ''toys''!!! Any kinds of toys!! Full size toys, or RC toys. I'll give all of you a little background into my life. I've lived in South Florida, since 11 months old when my parents moved from New York. We were in South Florida only 3 days when my dad got a job at PAN AMERICAN WORLD AIRWAYS, as a master mechanic, and worked for them for 30 years. Growing up in South Florida I've seen, and saw, all things beautiful!! From the beaches, to the beautiful women, to the exotic cars, and the boats. Miami was the mecca for, what became known as, The Thunder Boats!!! I grew up right in the middle of all that!!! Went to the beach every weekend, and to the nightclubs in Ft. Lauderdale.I worked out my entire life, since age 16. At the age of 68 when I quit working out, I was 240lbs., of solid muscle!! Every Halloween, I would dress up like Hulk Hogan, and win most all of the contests I entered. In the 60's I was in the military, and in the early 70's I was a police officer. I worked as a trim & finish carpenter, after I left the police dept. I restored my parents 1972 Chevelle, which they bought new, and it became one of the winningest show cars in South Florida, from Orlando to Miami. I'm saying all this for applause, or to be conceited, it's just my life. And I want someone to know who I am, and who I was. I'm the last of my family. No children, or siblings. For however many years I have left on this messed up planet, I want to enjoy every minute to the fullest!!! Apologies, for the ramble, but that's what old people tend to do!! Thank you all, for helping this ''old guy'', learn a new hobby!! I really appreciate all of you. Sincerely, Jay

I think it charged in a little over an hour and a half. The next time I charge it, I'm going to reduce the charge time from 400 minutes, to maybe 300. I know all of you don't know this, but I'm an ''old guy!!" Gonna be 78 in May, and I still love ''toys''!!! Any kinds of toys!! Full size toys, or RC toys. I'll give all of you a little background into my life. I've lived in South Florida, since 11 months old when my parents moved from New York. We were in South Florida only 3 days when my dad got a job at PAN AMERICAN WORLD AIRWAYS, as a master mechanic, and worked for them for 30 years. Growing up in South Florida I've seen, and saw, all things beautiful!! From the beaches, to the beautiful women, to the exotic cars, and the boats. Miami was the mecca for, what became known as, The Thunder Boats!!! I grew up right in the middle of all that!!! Went to the beach every weekend, and to the nightclubs in Ft. Lauderdale.I worked out my entire life, since age 16. At the age of 68 when I quit working out, I was 240lbs., of solid muscle!! Every Halloween, I would dress up like Hulk Hogan, and win most all of the contests I entered. In the 60's I was in the military, and in the early 70's I was a police officer. I worked as a trim & finish carpenter, after I left the police dept. I restored my parents 1972 Chevelle, which they bought new, and it became one of the winningest show cars in South Florida, from Orlando to Miami. I'm saying all this for applause, or to be conceited, it's just my life. And I want someone to know who I am, and who I was. I'm the last of my family. No children, or siblings. For however many years I have left on this messed up planet, I want to enjoy every minute to the fullest!!! Apologies, for the ramble, but that's what old people tend to do!! Thank you all, for helping this ''old guy'', learn a new hobby!! I really appreciate all of you. Sincerely, Jay

I'm so glad you're here and thank you for your exciting story. I smiled happy the entire time I read it. I truly hope you'll hang around and keep sharing. ?? How can we get some photos? Would love to see!

I'm so glad you're here and thank you for your exciting story. I smiled happy the entire time I read it. I truly hope you'll hang around and keep sharing. ?? How can we get some photos? Would love to see!
What kind of photos would you like to see? Ones of my 2 RC cars. One is a gas powered one, and, of course the other is the Kraton 6s that all of you have been helping me with. I received my Proline Trencher tires 2day, and put them on a little while ago. I'm going to ''adapt/fit'' the Cen Racing Reeper American Force Edition body to it. I did that with my Rovan 29cc shorty Baja Buggy. I turned it into a monster truck. I bought Rovan's monster truck tires, and mounted them to that chassis. And with that body, and those tires, it's really BAD ASS LOOKING!!! I have to order a stronger servo for the Rovan, because the original one, I think, kinda failed. It doesn't turn those big tires like it did when I 1st put them on. I really like driving that. But these electric cars are a whole other world!! I really like driving my 6s. As I get more & more familiar with the car, the charger, I'll feel more at ease. A guy posted a YouTube video in 2017, about how to set the throttle, brakes, and ''punch settings". I'm only interested in the braking. At 50% throttle, it doesn't stop fast. At 75% throttle, it stops a lot quicker, I haven't tried it at 100%!! I know the factory setting for the brakes is 37.5, if I remember correctly. I want to put it up to 50$l, which he said is 3 beeps or flashes on the ESC. I don't know. I don't want to do it, as I don't know what I'm doing, and screw everything up on the car. You can answer me, I'll answer you 2morrow AM, I have to go to bed. Have to work. Yes, I still work full time. Take care my friend.

What kind of photos would you like to see? Ones of my 2 RC cars. One is a gas powered one, and, of course the other is the Kraton 6s that all of you have been helping me with. I received my Proline Trencher tires 2day, and put them on a little while ago. I'm going to ''adapt/fit'' the Cen Racing Reeper American Force Edition body to it. I did that with my Rovan 29cc shorty Baja Buggy. I turned it into a monster truck. I bought Rovan's monster truck tires, and mounted them to that chassis. And with that body, and those tires, it's really BAD ASS LOOKING!!! I have to order a stronger servo for the Rovan, because the original one, I think, kinda failed. It doesn't turn those big tires like it did when I 1st put them on. I really like driving that. But these electric cars are a whole other world!! I really like driving my 6s. As I get more & more familiar with the car, the charger, I'll feel more at ease. A guy posted a YouTube video in 2017, about how to set the throttle, brakes, and ''punch settings". I'm only interested in the braking. At 50% throttle, it doesn't stop fast. At 75% throttle, it stops a lot quicker, I haven't tried it at 100%!! I know the factory setting for the brakes is 37.5, if I remember correctly. I want to put it up to 50$l, which he said is 3 beeps or flashes on the ESC. I don't know. I don't want to do it, as I don't know what I'm doing, and screw everything up on the car. You can answer me, I'll answer you 2morrow AM, I have to go to bed. Have to work. Yes, I still work full time. Take care my friend.
Any photos you have would be awesome! We love photos here at the forum and video even more!
Good night. I'll be working when I'm at your age as well, friend. I hope I enjoy it as much as I do now ... but I'll be doing it.

On the timer, it's a pure safety feature. In case something is wrong it will turn off for sure.
I would set it to 200 min max. but that is my opinion as per below.

Here is how you ideally treat your battery with your charger:
Worst case it's 'empty' - should only be for short periods (~a day) once you are done playing. (Empty = 3.4V-3.6V per cell= 6S 6*3.4=20.4V
Charging from ~ 10% capacity to 100% with your charger should take no longer than 2h, that includes a slower charge rate at the end to balance (automatically happening) . That is 120 min worst case. Add safety margin to this worst case, I recommend 80min (200 min total) Sometimes it takes longer to balance and the extra 80 min is plenty. 300 or 400 is just too much imho but not wrong.

Normal case: Once the battery is empty you should do a 'storage charge'. (~3.8V =22.8V)
Going from empty (~10%) to ~ 60% capacity is half the time (~1h or less) (see how 400 min would be excessive?)

Charging from storage, you only add 40% i.e. again in the ~ 1h range. (again, 400min is way too much)

Don't leave the Lipo fully charged, again the 1 day max rule is easy to remember. Charge before you are ready to go and use it up, that should be your mode of operation.
Default state of the Lipo should be at storage level.
If you couldn't use up the battery, use the 'discharge function' on your charger (if it has one). This will be slow. Once it's below storage level you can charge it back up to storage level or you can stop the discharge once its in the storage range.

Enjoy, if you ever get into the Tampa area let us know.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/any-bashers-in-the-tampa-brandon-florida-area.10515/

Thank you my friend, I guess the SMC, on your recommendation, is the one I'm getting! At time of purchase you said I could choose the "leads" I wanted? The Hobby Star battery has an EC 5 connector on it. Will I be able to choose a lead that has that end on it? I'm sure you know this, the battery also has a "balance connector" coming out of it. It's there a way to connect that to the charger? Thanks
This is a whole different topic, that I hope you can help me
Sorry to bother you, but I have a dilemma!! I wanted to straighten the front wheels, because out of the box those wheels were tilted out. This evening, I tried to adjust the turnbuckle, with no luck at all! They would not budge. So then, I decided to take the ''tie rod end'' the ones that have the ball joint in it. Just like a real car. With a lot of effort, I was able to loosen the screw that goes through the ball, in the tie rod end. But it wouldn't come out, neither was I able to screw it back in!! I had stripped where the allen key/wrench goes!! So, now I"m totally screwed!! I have no idea where to find those parts. Since I can't get that screw out, I'll have to detach where the little red part, that the ball joint is attached to, and get that part as well!! I believe that red part is attached to the swing arm. Where can I find those parts, and are that factory parts? Thanks. Most sincerely, Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back