Does anyone know anything about this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Got this Cobra Serpent yesterday. You tube videos I have watched seem to suggest it’s a pretty good rig. I know the front diff is leaking and it won’t pull the from wheels.. I’m hoping it’s a easy fix. Looking for pros and cons before I put any money in it... Thanks for the help
5FDE5137-A568-4B76-90B4-871B47E778FB.jpeg
330001E7-A749-459A-8A76-B231B3ADE259.jpeg

I think it's good to keep in mind Serpent is a higher end racing chassis company. I don't know what kind of durability you are going to see out of using it as a basher. Are you saying it won't pull the front wheels off the ground? If so, it shouldn't. The center diff is probably filled with thinner oil than what Monster Truck bashers would fill with. You can change this by swapping out the fluid, but with small 1/8 buggy tires pulling a wheelie is going to be a challenge.

I guess the big question is what are you planning to do with this buggy?

I just want to get it up and running. It's 4X4 but the front wheels are not pulling. I'm not trying to do Wheelies. Theres diff oil in the box from leaking. I'm not interested in racing as of know... Just wanting learn about the buggy and I might take it to a dirt track. I'm Not planning on doing any heavy bashing with it.

I just want to get it up and running. It's 4X4 but the front wheels are not pulling. I'm not trying to do Wheelies. Theres diff oil in the box from leaking. I'm not interested in racing as of know... Just wanting learn about the buggy and I might take it to a dirt track. I'm Not planning on doing any heavy bashing with it.
Ahh, I see what you mean. I read it as "The front wheels aren't pulling off the ground"

Check the center drive shaft and open the diff up to see if any of the spider gears are stripped.
Also check the input/output drive cups on the diff, pinion, and center diff. Sometimes those little grub screws come loose and the driveshaft just rotates the dogbone cup without turning the pinion/output.

The operation is similar to your talion. It's just a buggy (smaller tires and width). If you have serviced your talion before it's no different really. It being a race platform makes it more "tuneable" in other areas compared to rtr/bashers.

Just crack everything open and go from there. In rc racing that was my norm after every race weekend. But I had diffs built to drop in so I can work on the others without downing the rig.

Last edited:
I just read a little on it. 3mm 7075 aluminum chassis. 120A speed controller, 1850Kv motor (runs on 4S), chassis stiffeners, dual battery trays, adjustable motor mount (longest motor it can fit is 70mm), 4mm thick aluminum front tower and 4.5mm thick rear tower, 4mm and shock shafts.

Some things worth noting: is has a center transmission unlike the 6S Arrmas and it runs on two 2S packs. You can't mount a single 4s pack. This is definitely a race buggy based on their high end competition model. Amain sells this for $410 so hopefully you got a good deal ? I think it's a decent score. Let us know how it drives ???

Thanks guys... The front diff is out.. Men I really hope this is just a gasket issue... Got another question... What weight of oil should go back in the diff? I have zero experience with racing buggies... but it would seem to me a very light weight diff oil is needed ? I’m really guessing here… ?

Thanks guys... The front diff is out.. Men I really hope this is just a gasket issue... Got another question... What weight of oil should go back in the diff? I have zero experience with racing buggies... but it would seem to me a very light weight diff oil is needed ? I’m really guessing here… ?

That depends on how you want to tune the rig and have it respond. Are you going to track your buggy, bash it, or a mix of both?

Front to rear in a race buggy is typically 7-5-3 or a 7-7-3

I’m not interested in getting into racing by any means... No time for that till I can retire lol.. just want to run on a dirt grass terrain. And as a bonus to be able to take it off of my old ramp without trying to do stupid stuff . It would be hard for me to own something that I can’t send mildly LOL ?. I know it’s not a arrma
Front to rear in a race buggy is typically 7-5-3 or a 7-7-3
Thank you for that.. 10,000 is the lightest I have... I'll order something lighter if needed!

Last edited:
I’m not interested in getting into racing by any means... No time for that till I can retire lol.. just want to run on a dirt grass terrain. And as a bonus to be able to take it off of my old ramp without trying to do stupid stuff . It would be hard for me to own something that I can’t send mildly LOL ?. I know it’s not a arrma

Thank you for that.. 10,000 is the lightest I have... I'll order something lighter if needed!

Either way its a great lookin buggy! I bet it out bashes arrma!

Funny you say in that... In one of the videos I seen were the guy said the Serpent was better than his Kraton.... I'm not sold on that till i see it myself... But I will admit... This is a well built stylish buggy... Excited in getting it rolling again!!
Either way its a great lookin buggy! I bet it out bashes arrma!

Funny you say in that... In one of the videos I seen were the guy said the Serpent was better than his Kraton.... I'm not sold on that till i see it myself... But I will admit... This is a well built stylish buggy... Excited in getting it rolling again!!
It will almost certainly out handle the Typhon 6S. Out bash? Not so sure. My Typhon is a tank. Yes it needs aluminum chassis braces and sealed bearings but that's about it. And it's 6S. Still a solid pickup ??? Can't wait to hear how it runs!

I just read a little on it. 3mm 7075 aluminum chassis. 120A speed controller, 1850Kv motor (runs on 4S), chassis stiffeners, dual battery trays, adjustable motor mount (longest motor it can fit is 70mm), 4mm thick aluminum front tower and 4.5mm thick rear tower, 4mm and shock shafts.

Some things worth noting: is has a center transmission unlike the 6S Arrmas and it runs on two 2S packs. You can't mount a single 4s pack. This is definitely a race buggy based on their high end competition model. Amain sells this for $410 so hopefully you got a good deal ? I think it's a decent score. Let us know how it drives ???

Where did you see a center transmission?

I was going to say I think Vas has one but he got the Sworkz irrc.

The Cobra MTe looks rather interesting, not sure how I feel about the body it screams ZD Racing Pirates every time I look at it, battery trays look rather small for running 2 3s lipos and just like the buggy is limited by can size.

Last edited:
Finally got a little time to tear into this one. Great news. .. It was just the grub screw. It’s tight now and this thing rips! New gasket for the diff and topped off the fluids. It’s a really well built rig. But, i’m not interested in getting into racing so this might show up on the classifieds.
050CC31B-374F-4499-B2FF-691AB5252CDC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back