DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ALL WING MOUNTING HOLES ARE THE SAME?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
My Kraton wing came a little tweaked and I didnt like the size of it anyway so I had a broken wing from my lasernut (which is for the db pro) and it mounted perfectly. Is there a universal measurement or did I just get lucky? Then put a new one on The lasernut.
The part that broke when on the Lasernut was at the end where it hangs lower than the wing surface so I cut it off and put it on the Kraton. I like how it looked the size was better for my taste. Anyway If its a universal fit for all wings then I have about 8 million or so to choose from. hahaha
If not Im going to get another db pro wing and hack it up to have a very unique look for the Kraton. Please if you know about wing fitment between cars/trucks let me know. Appreciate it!
wing1.jpg
wing2.jpg

I broke my Kraton 6s v5 wing on 1st run( cold outside) and I replaced it with a wing my LHS had on shelve, a yellow wing from OFNA, it didn’t have any pre-drilled holes but there was a bunch of marks to use like a template, so fitting it wasn’t a problem. Like said ^^^^ it’s plastic & can drill to make fit😎
I do like how u modified ur wing 🤘🏻🤘🏻

EC886097-762D-49DC-8534-D99AC197C03C.jpeg

61F5DBFF-D4E1-4645-9EBE-A209700AFD4A.jpeg

I doubt that it is a universal fit. But whether it is universal or not, it's only plastic. You can always drill new mounting holes.
Very true. I guess as long as there isnt any predrilled holes that would interfere with the new holes.
Thanks man!
I broke my Kraton 6s v5 wing on 1st run( cold outside) and I replaced it with a wing my LHS had on shelve, a yellow wing from OFNA, it didn’t have any pre-drilled holes but there was a bunch of marks to use like a template, so fitting it wasn’t a problem. Like said ^^^^ it’s plastic & can drill to make fit😎
I do like how u modified ur wing 🤘🏻🤘🏻

View attachment 174781

View attachment 174782
Thanks! I like to have something different as you can tell by how I hacked up my Kraton body. I like how yours looks too!

I would venture to guess from experience that 1/8 wings are for the most part the same hole spacing. A standard.
Since some high end aftermarket wings are not pre-drilled, however, this may not be a hard rule.

I would venture to guess from experience that 1/8 wings are for the most part the same hole spacing. A standard.
Since some high end aftermarket wings are not pre-drilled, however, this may not be a hard rule.
My Outcast, D8T and ET48.3 wings are not the same spacing.

you see... every hole is different, some are big and some are small. some deep and others shallow.
they can even be tight or loose

My Outcast, D8T and ET48.3 wings are not the same spacing.
Well they are fairly cheap so wouldnt hurt to find one that I like and just try it. Thanks guys!

I don't know that wings really come cheap. They are consumable items. that get beat to crap depending how you bash. Some are as high as $18.+ .
Depends how your wallet sees it.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back